Buying Apple Displays, now? Or wait?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jebaloo, Jan 10, 2008.

1. Jebaloo macrumors 6502

I'm ordering a MacPro with ApplCare and two 23" screens. I think it's great value to do it all together because the screens are covered under the applecare of the MacPro I think, rather than having to buy it separately later.

Does anyone think, taking this into account, that I should wait ti buy the screens, or perhaps only buy one now and wait for a month or two to get the second incase there are updates? Or should I just go ahead now?

2. bartelby macrumors Core

3. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

Wait. Wait. Wait. Wait.

There have been rumors of a new display unit coming out or if nothing else, a price drop. This doesn't guarantee that it will, but I would certainly wait till that day for any Apple purchase, other than the Mac Pro.

4. Jebaloo thread starter macrumors 6502

5. themoonisdown09 macrumors 601

themoonisdown09

If new displays were coming out, wouldn't they have released them with the Mac Pros? I really doubt that they get updated at MacWorld.

6. student_trap macrumors 68000

student_trap

personally I cant see an update until they all go LED. Hopefully they'll lower the prices a little, but i doubt we'll see a fully blown update for a while.

Nevertheless, wait for macworld just in case:(

7. treehorn macrumors 6502

treehorn

As a sidebar...

If they don't upgrade them or lower the prices next week, are they worth getting? Or for the price point, what would you recommend? (since my MacPro isn't coming for 3-5 weeks...)

8. SandersHokie macrumors 6502

i'm in the same boat as you, i'm going to wait until Tuesday, but if they don't come out with new ones then, i may just say screw and buy one. i can't sit around and wait forever for them to update them.

9. IEatApples macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

hihihi! :D

It's just a precaution, but it'll be worth it if something comes out on the 15th! ;)

10. Father Jack macrumors 68020

Father Jack

IMO there wont be new displays, but it would be silly to order now just in case !! .. :)

11. Jebaloo thread starter macrumors 6502

Just a thought on upcoming releases.

With all this movie company collaboration, iTunes Movie rentals etc... It makes sense that Apple will want to make their AppleTV look more attractive, and add something to use that USB port they added.

I think they'll maybe bring out a large screen (TV screen) for use with the AppleTV, and this may signal a new range of ACD's too.

Just a silent though. Fire me down at will.

12. peejack macrumors 6502a

Has there been any rumors about the new displays? I have been trying all kinds of monitors and they all look crap so I think ill just go ahead and get an apple one.

13. ErikAndre macrumors 6502a

ErikAndre

I'm nearly certain something will be happening Tuesday... either a price drop of the current line or an entirely new line altogether.

Of course, folks are saying that Apple wouldn't do that, that it would tick folks off since Apple released the new Mac Pros without the new displays. But Apple can really do whatever they want in this department since its been so long since the last Cinema revision AND Apple probably really wants to clear their inventory of current Cinema displays for the new line (if there is one).

14. peejack macrumors 6502a

True. I was also having a look at them in sore and they are MUCH thicker than even the iMac 24" and they have computer in that back!!!:eek:, and we all know how apple like to thin ;) I think ill hold out to Tuesday.

15. skuzzy macrumors member