Buying Apple Shares from UK

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Moccasin, Feb 7, 2014.

1. Moccasin macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Has anyone had experience of buying Apple shares from the UK? I have inherited some money and have considered buying a few shares as they currently seem quite low and I suspect they may go up with new releases apparently looming.

Clearly buying overseas shares adds an additional risk as gains can be wiped out by currency fluctuations.

Advice/experience gratefully received.

2. T'hain Esh Kelch macrumors 601

T'hain Esh Kelch

I've bought from Denmark, if that is okay for you. Not sure what you are looking for, except "Yup, you'll make money".
    The only thing I can really say is that while APPL seem to be ripe for rising, which might never happen, since it is a weird stock, the US dollar also seem to be on a continuous downward spiral.

3. Moccasin thread starter macrumors 6502a

Moccasin

Ha - no I wasn't expecting a promise of untold riches! Just experience of doing a similar thing. It was the currency issue that concerned me really. Still, interest rates here in the UK are very low, so as long as I can have a reasonable expectation that I won't lose my shirt and all my money, I may well buy a few shares. of course if I do really well I'll kick myself for not buying more (like I did when I last dipped my toe into stockholding) but if I lose money then it won't be the end of the world.