Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Andy348

macrumors 6502
Original poster
May 18, 2009
Montreal
I'm coming up to the end of my 1 year warranty on October 27th. I'm debating between buying Applecare or not. There is no way I'm going to the store and spending $300, but I was figuring if I buy one with the box, unopened on eBay, it could work out.

Just a question though, if I replace RAM/HD will my warranty be voided? How about if I use the colorwareservices?

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
Too many people have been complaining about eBay. Buy from Amazon or LA Computer. Things you replace don't void the warranty but the parts you replace, and anything you break doing a replacement, are not covered.

DesignerOnMac

macrumors 6502a
Jul 23, 2007
Too many people have been complaining about eBay. Buy from Amazon or LA Computer. Things you replace don't void the warranty but the parts you replace, and anything you break doing a replacement, are not covered.

Buy my AppleCare with LAComputers all the time. Find them to have the best prices and fast shipping also.

And yes, RAM & HD replacement can be owner installed, but if you break something during the upgrade, AppleCare will not cover the damage.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.