Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JimTigerPT

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 17, 2008
Baton Rouge, LA
Hey Guys! Just joined the group. Great info here! I am planning on buying a MacBook and getting Applecare. Would it be better to buy Applecare through the Apple online store or buy it through i.e. Ebay where I can get about $100 off of the store price? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks...

mdgolom

macrumors 6502
Oct 26, 2006
Hey Guys! Just joined the group. Great info here! I am planning on buying a MacBook and getting Applecare. Would it be better to buy Applecare through the Apple online store or buy it through i.e. Ebay where I can get about $100 off of the store price? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks...

If you or anyone you know either works for or goes to school, you can get the education discount on AppleCare. For the MacMini it's $149.00 regurally, and you get get it for $99.00 with the discount. I'm not sure why it is for the MacBook.

Another option is if they're closing a CompUSA near you, they're offering 60% off on AppleCare. I picked up the MacMini AppleCare for $59.00 and had no problems registering my computer.

GroundLoop

macrumors 68000
Mar 21, 2003

You could always try to find a CompUSA that is closing. They are selling AppleCare for 50% off.

Hickman

SaSaSushi

macrumors 601
Aug 8, 2007
Takamatsu, Japan

L.A. Computer has some of the best retail prices on AppleCare out there and always in stock. I bought AppleCare for my Japan-purchased iMac from them. I can't recommend them highly enough.

BaronvdB

macrumors 6502
Oct 22, 2007
Don't buy from apple....eBay, Macrumors Marketplace, & craigslist are all better options...just make sure the seller is trustworthy.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.