Buying Applecare through Apple Store?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by JimTigerPT, Feb 21, 2008.

1. JimTigerPT macrumors member

JimTigerPT

Hey Guys! Just joined the group. Great info here! I am planning on buying a MacBook and getting Applecare. Would it be better to buy Applecare through the Apple online store or buy it through i.e. Ebay where I can get about $100 off of the store price? Anyone have suggestions? Thanks...

2. Keebler macrumors 68030

3. mdgolom macrumors 6502

If you or anyone you know either works for or goes to school, you can get the education discount on AppleCare. For the MacMini it's $149.00 regurally, and you get get it for $99.00 with the discount. I'm not sure why it is for the MacBook.

Another option is if they're closing a CompUSA near you, they're offering 60% off on AppleCare. I picked up the MacMini AppleCare for $59.00 and had no problems registering my computer.

4. GroundLoop macrumors 68000

GroundLoop

You could always try to find a CompUSA that is closing. They are selling AppleCare for 50% off.

Hickman

5. aross99 macrumors 68000

aross99

I got mine from Ebay and I saved a ton over retail. The savings made Apple Care worth it for me.

6. SaSaSushi macrumors 68040

SaSaSushi

L.A. Computer has some of the best retail prices on AppleCare out there and always in stock. I bought AppleCare for my Japan-purchased iMac from them. I can't recommend them highly enough.

7. BaronvdB macrumors 6502

BaronvdB

Don't buy from apple....eBay, Macrumors Marketplace, & craigslist are all better options...just make sure the seller is trustworthy.

8. JimTigerPT thread starter macrumors member

JimTigerPT