Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
I am thinking of buying AppleCare for my MacBook. Does it cover the Battery for the 3 years?

Hugh

Hugh

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 9, 2003
Erie, PA
More dumb questions

Thanks. When I bought my MacBook in December (Christmas gift to self :) )
I bought AppleCare with it (with the Student discount who wouldn't), then started reading the book it came with it and I wasn't sure if it covered the Battery or not. So I returned it (yes I got my refund). Now I am thinking that was a really dumb thing to do, thus why I am going to re-buy an AppleCare box.

Does it also cover the Magsafe if it gets frayed where it plugs in to the computer? I have an iBook G4 that is 5 years (i think) old, and in the spring the fray got so bad that one night it started to smoke. That was the last time I used that plug! (I had a car/airport coverter, I used that until I could replace it, which I did. Went with a three party brand that states that it's better... But this totally side tracked) So in other words if this happens during the 3 years would this by covered as well?

If it covers the Battery and the Magsafe then I am going to get it again.

Thanks! :)

Hugh

lucky3killer

macrumors regular
Oct 24, 2007
AppleCare would expands your warranty to 3 years of your MacBook's purchase date.

If you bought MacBook and wait after 3 years then would be no good.

scienide09

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
Canada
I would always go for AppleCare on a portable. Get it for your MacBook, try eBay if you're looking to save some money.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.