buying apps upgrade with itunes giftcard

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by rwhite1917, Jan 19, 2008.

1. rwhite1917 macrumors newbie

I got an iTunes giftcard over the holidays and I am looking to get a touch for myself.

Am I better off buying from Amazon where Touches are 10% off, and using my gift card for the upgrade? Is it even possible to pay for the upgrade with a giftcard? Or are itunes giftcards only usable on downloading music/movies, etc..?

If anyone knows, that'd be great, thanks!

2. tribefan9692 macrumors newbie

Yes you can use a gift card to buy the upgrade. The apgrade actually cost around $21.35 if you include tax

3. Denali9 macrumors member

I did it with gift card I received during xmas.

4. David G. macrumors 65816

I did it with the money from a giftcard and then I mysteriously got my money back while being able to keep my software upgrade.:)

5. snowy2004 macrumors member

Instantly? Without asking Apple?

6. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

Wirelessly posted (iPod touch: Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/3B48b Safari/419.3)

its been said that many people have been getting credited back the twenty dollars.

Perhaps Apple is rethinking the upgrade fee.

7. Nickelz92 macrumors member

Perhaps Apple is rethinking the upgrade fee.[/QUOTE]

In all reality I know it's only $20, but this would be an awesome thing if Apple took back the Upgrade fee. Something I'm worried about is that it's going to be an every month 20$ and by the time you know it you've spent another 399$ just buying upgrades.

Also, if i were to wait out this upgrade do you think I would receive both upgrades at the next one or would i have to pay $40?

8. xXriderXx7 macrumors 6502a

xXriderXx7

In all reality I know it's only $20, but this would be an awesome thing if Apple took back the Upgrade fee. Something I'm worried about is that it's going to be an every month 20$ and by the time you know it you've spent another 399$ just buying upgrades.

Also, if i were to wait out this upgrade do you think I would receive both upgrades at the next one or would i have to pay $40?[/QUOTE]

Yeah.
    Im waiting.
    Im jailbroken, and have all the apps, but would feel more secure if it was an Apple-certified firmware. If they take away the fee, Id update, but if they dont, no biggie.