Buying Base Alu MBP from Amazon - Some Questions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sammy2066, Nov 28, 2008.

1. sammy2066 macrumors 6502a

Hey Guys,

I finally managed to convince myself to go get a MBP after my whole MB screen debacle. I just have a few questions about the MBP, Amazon and their customer service.

1) Does this MBP have any screen issues? I hear 9C84 and 9C85 debates, but is one really phenomenally better than the other?

2) Are there any keyboard, build quality issues?

3) In the worst case scenario, if I don't like the screen, will Amazon send me a *new* replacement MBP?

4) How is Amazon customer service in general?

Any input here is much appreciated! I have no intention of paying a restocking fee this time around, so if there's something seriously wrong with the MBP, I'd rather not buy it to begin with.

Before I get flamed for any of these questions, YES, I am very picky about my hardware. Being an Economics major, I expect to get my money's worth from anything I buy. So if you have any smart comments on these issues, please refrain from posting in this thread.

I will appreciate any constructive criticism and input from the talented members here at MacRumors!

Cheers & Happy Thanksgiving

:)

2. kornyboy macrumors 68000

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 2_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/525.18.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.1.1 Mobile/5G77 Safari/525.20)

I've never purchased a computer from Amazon but I have needed to send a couple of things back for replacement because they were faulty and had good success with that. On some items they will have you contact the manufacturer for replacement. All in all I've had good experiences with them. Good luck with your purchase.

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Amazon has a great return policy, but they will not sent you a replacement due to personal preferences.

4. sammy2066 thread starter macrumors 6502a

What if I'm not satisfied with my purchase? If there's something genuinely wrong with the laptop, they still don't offer replacements?

5. sammy2066 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, thats good to hear! :)

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

If you're not satisfied they will give you refund with 15% restocking; exchanged for something wrong is free, but only in the first 30 days.

7. sammy2066 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ah, so if I say I'm not satisfied with the quality of the screen, that's not gonna work?

Amazon is awesome because I save over $100 in tax.

Do we have reports of Amazon ever waiving off the restocking fee?

And do you recommend buying from the Apple Store for better service?