Buying Before Updates

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Zimmer62943, Aug 7, 2008.

1. Zimmer62943 macrumors member

Right, so my question is that just say today i brought myself a macbook and tomorrow they update them all, i want to know if there is any timeframe of which it can be replaced? do you guys know what i mean, cause id hate to buy something and realise i missed out the next day, so is there any policy on that??
    I just want sensible and good answers please, no bull**** or remarks.
    Thanks

2. viperguy macrumors 6502

viperguy

You have 14 days to return it, I think.. and there might be a restocking fee.

3. iOrlando macrumors 68000

no restocking fee..

but dont worry they wont be updated til early October.

4. dabills80 macrumors member

5. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

There's a restocking fee if he opened it.

You're wrong. September 16th.

6. iOrlando macrumors 68000

I'm willing to take you up on that with all of my fake macrumor bucks. there is no way apple will do that to its fans and release sept 16...the millions of college kids who had to buy the mac and ipod before the deal ended..only to have apple release the day after? that will create a lot of bad blood..apple knows better...(iphone debacle last year)

I susepct week of September 22 or 29 might be an annoucment/event. Acutal devices go on sale in October.

7. robo456 macrumors 6502

robo456

I'm with the lot that they may announce something in september, but prob won't come out for a while. If it was released on the 16th... I'd think almost everyone who waited till a day or two before, will all stampede the Apple store to return their MacBooks for the new model. (due to the 14 day return period)

--rob

8. iMacmatician macrumors 601