Buying books/apps from different country

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by imswimmin, Jan 2, 2013.

1. imswimmin macrumors regular

I'm from the US and currently have an apple ID associated with the US App Store. However, I'm currently in England for the holidays. I've wanted to buy a couple of books from the iBookstore, but I noticed that all the prices have changed to pounds. I don't think I've ever changed the country store (not sure how I'd even go about doing it). My account has some money on it (in dollars), and I was wondering if I could use it to buy the books. Additionally, after I've come back to the states, would the books continue to work (is there even a way that apple could block me from reading books...)?

Thanks a lot!

P.S. I've only got my iPhone and iPad with me, and both are showing these symptoms.

2. Cybbe macrumors 6502

It shouldn't be a problem. I'm surprised the currency changed to pounds, but you shouldn't be able to purchase anything from the UK store with a US registered card. If you are indeed in the UK store, I assume you will be redirected to the US store upon purchase.

I have lived and used the App Store in 3 different countries, and it isn't a problem using Apps bought in a different one. I'm slightly confused with how updates works (they do, though), but either way that doesn't apply to books.