buying camera from 6ave electronics

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by aaronw1986, Sep 7, 2009.

1. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Yesterday I submitted a claim at 6Ave electronics for their name your price sale. I requested a Panasonic FZ35 for $340 and was approved. Before I go ahead with this purchase, wanted to see if anyone has experience buying from 6ave. Thanks.

2. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

3. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

it seems sketchy at first but my brother bought a home theater speakers from their and they work fine...

4. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

Why bother with anyone but safe retailers like B&H, Adorama, KEH, etc.?

5. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Well, if it does happen to be a safe retailer, it saves 15%.

6. dmmcintyre3 macrumors 68020

If there is a ton of great reviews go and click on 2 or 3 of the reviewer's profiles and look at the number of reviews they have done. If it is just 1 and it is that store I call SPAM to that

7. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

That 15% may or may not be real, and there's always a tradeoff for something like that. Better to get it from a place you can always return it to if there's a problem.

8. AlaskaMoose macrumors 65816

A few years back I almost got taken by a "supposedly" camera dealer in Brooklyn, NY. I was looking for a good deal, of course :D Luckily I had the credit card company stopping the payment. However, I also had a company making sure that I didn't lose my credit ID to the dealer. I was scared for a few days. When a deal sounds "too good to be true, it usually is." That's why I have learned to buy from reputable dealers such as B&H, Adorama, and a few others.

9. Acsom macrumors regular

I've purchased both new and used from Adorama, and have been very satisfied. I had an issue with a used part that might or might not have been with the part itself, it might have been something in the camera I was using it on; Adorama offered to accept the part as a return and they refunded my full price. My sales contact, Frank, is a good guy, funny and friendly in a brusque New York salesperson kind of way; direct, but trustworthy. I took his recommendation when ordering a used film body, and it has turned out to be my favorite camera, a Canon F1N. GREAT camera. And great service.

10. Jodorowsky macrumors newbie

These people are ridiculously paranoid. I bought my Onkyo receiver from 6ave through their amazon reseller page and had great -- even "perfect" -- service. Go with it if you like the camera and the deal they confirmed with you.

11. aaronw1986 thread starter macrumors 68030

Ended up going with Amazon, even though I paid $40 more.