Buying Contract Free iPhone 3GS?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bryanc28, Feb 28, 2010.

  1. bryanc28 macrumors 6502

    bryanc28

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2007
    Location:
    Arlington, Va
    #1
    My cousin offered to sell me a factory sealed iPhone 3 GS for $550. I already have a 3G, but the battery is going on it. Should I go for this?
     
  2. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #2
    I say you save the 550 for the new iphone this summer.
     
  3. FoxMcWeezer macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Nov 4, 2009
    #3
    You don't know that there will be a new one for sure.
     
  4. superstrikertwo macrumors 65816

    superstrikertwo

    Joined:
    Jun 9, 2008
    Location:
    California
    #4
    I'm 99% sure there will be a new one.

    I would say don't do it as you can get it cheaper elsewhere most likely and the fact that a new iPhone is most likely coming this summer.
     
  5. rgarjr macrumors 603

    rgarjr

    Joined:
    Apr 2, 2009
    Location:
    Southern Cal
    #5
    It depends if u wanna wait. Is it 16 or 32 Gig?
     
  6. bryanc28 thread starter macrumors 6502

    bryanc28

    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2007
    Location:
    Arlington, Va
    #6
    Sorry, it is actually $500 for the 32GB
     
  7. skball123 macrumors regular

    Joined:
    Sep 11, 2007
    #7
    I would personally wait. If you can bare the bad battery you already have for 5 ish more months, then wait it out.

    If you can't wait, go for it. Since it's a sealed 32, those are more than that when you buy them without contract.
     
  8. MaxZ. macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Jan 29, 2010
    #8
    Waiting for what? Are you sure you will be still alive till summer?
    If you want it get it....You may resell it later for a newer one...
    I just picked up an 3GS now wihout simlock and im happy with it.
    You may get sick everey minute and then die soon and then you wasted alot of your lifetime with waiting for what? The newer iphone wont be as cheap as thatone now or?
     
  9. Gix1k macrumors 68030

    Gix1k

    Joined:
    Jun 16, 2008
    #9
    I'd wait for the new one. Although...$500 for a 32gb is a good deal.
     
  10. SAIRUS macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Aug 21, 2008
    #10
    Honestly look at your priorities. If you end up losing money due to missing a call on your phone, then waiting was a mistake. If you're just wanting to play sudoku, then you can wait it out.

    Also, you can resell the phone and use that money for a later upgrade.
     
  11. iphoneaddict21 macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Mar 1, 2010
    #11
    May be best to wait few months for the new one.

    Compare with others out there if you must get it now as there are some great bargains from others wishing to upgrade too.

    Not a bad deal if you go for it though :)
     
  12. NorrisKillsKids macrumors 6502a

    Joined:
    Jan 14, 2008
    #12
    Don't get me wrong, it's a good deal. But assuming you can wait, then you should wait, in my opinion of course. If for some reason you can't then gogogo for it.
     
  13. HitchHykr macrumors 6502a

    HitchHykr

    Joined:
    Jun 13, 2007
    Location:
    Virginia
    #14
    You are right! The OP should take the $500 and blow it in Vegas!
     

Share This Page