Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bandofbrothers

macrumors 601
Original poster
Oct 14, 2007
Uk
I recently reserved an iPhone 6 Plus (full retail price) online to collect from my Apple Store.

I was pleasantly surprised that they offered me the recycle option for my iPhone 5s ,which reduced the cost of the iPhone 6 Plus :)

However I decided to take up their offer of set up instore.

At the set up desk I'm stood there keying in my icloud credentials to download my latest back up ,and as I'm waiting I'm being nosey and watching others setting up their Macs and iPads ,and listening into the conversations

The Apple guy who was overseeing all the setting up tapped me on the shoulder and said once your back up has completed I need you to erase it under the Reset Setting.

On asking "Why" he said I've noticed two small scratches on the antenna band and I'm swapping it out for you.

When I looked I could see them if I looked really close and may have missed them until later ,and then may have had an issue trying to replace it , if at all, as I'm using the official leather case. Just my take on stuff but I appreciate it's also acceptable for a person to want a pristine handset for such an expensive item.

So this is why I continue to buy into Apple Products.

Hal~9000

macrumors 68020
Sep 13, 2014
<3 :apple:

I've had a similar experience in the past. People knock apple for the higher prices but the quality of their products and the customer service they provide via their apple stores are two major reason I have both an iPhone 5s and MacBook Air.

Glad you had such a great experience BoB :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.