Buying factory unlocked iPhone 4s/4?

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Dedee, Mar 18, 2012.

1. Dedee macrumors newbie

Hi,

I'm in the US as an exchange student right now and I will go back to germany in a few months. Now I want to buy an iPhone here before I go back (factory unlocked, because I don't want to take the risk of hoping for a potential software unlock). So right now I basically still have few questions:

1. Where should I buy the iPhone? Either straight on apple.com or like on amazon? Actually I found a pretty tempting iPhone on amazon under refurbished factory unlocked iPhone 4S: http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...&qid=1332083485&sr=8-11&condition=refurbished

How does that look like to you guys? I mean I'd save about 200$, so I'm considering it. But then again, the guy that's selling it has just launched his account so that seems kinda suspicious to me. (I'm going to email him and ask him a couple things just to see) What do you guys think? Should I wait a little bit until maybe someone buys a phone from him and see what he says or should I just take the risk, or should I simply but it on apple.com?

2. Would you guys rather get a 4 or a 4S? I mean the difference is only about 100$ bucks and you get 8GB more storage with the 4S, so... But I could also wait for a potential iPhone 4 software unlock and then just get an AT&T (which are just about 300$).

Thanks in advance for all replies

2. techguy20 macrumors 6502

4S... I'd get it from Apple so you get the full warranty and don't have to worry about any shady business from a seller.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced