Buying Final Cut Studio 2

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by lkoz, Aug 8, 2007.

1. lkoz macrumors newbie

Hi there, I recently graduated with a degree in radio/tv and I'm working towards becoming a video editor, having a few paying jobs already. I just bought myself a macbook pro. I have FC Express from when in school, but would now like the full meat and potatoes, but it's just sooo expensive. What happens if, because I'm still taking a few classes, I can buy the cheaper (by lots) academic version of FC Studio 2? Am I allowed to earn money with such a version?? Is there a big deal there? Should I just fork up the money? :confused:

Thanks for any info!

Lisa

2. TheStranger55 macrumors member

Well Apple's policy for academic software is that you can only use it for learning.

I'm not sure if the version you buy off the educational store is the academic version or the full version that is discounted though. Cause it doesn't say academic anywhere while some programs do say academic in the educational store.

To be safe, I would buy it from a retail Apple Store, just go in, pick up a Full version box of it and go to the counter and then mention you are a student and see if they will give you a discount.

3. techlover828 macrumors 68020

techlover828

Out of curiosity, why do you want to upgrade? I'm deciding between the two so was curious. Thanks and good luck