Buying first Mac ever....have a quick question.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jay1118, Jun 9, 2009.

1. jay1118 macrumors member

jay1118

If i want to buy my macbook pro preinstalled with 500gb hard drive, will they have them ready to buy in the apple store or do they only carry the base specs for each model?

I am going to buy a 13 inch 2.53 GHz macbook pro with 4gigs of ram and a 500 gb hard drive. I would like to buy it in store but dont know if they would carry the 500gb upgraded version as well as the 250gb base model or just the 250 gb one.

Do i have to buy it online if i want to buy it with upgraded specs?

Thanks guys.

2. DJ567 macrumors regular

in my experience they always only have the base spec in store and you always have to wait if you want anything upgraded, but the best way to find out would simply be to go to or telephone your local store and ask

3. uaecasher macrumors 65816

uaecasher

yes, for custom config you must also wait couple of days

4. Bnitez macrumors newbie

As far as I'm concerned, they only carry basic spec in the Apple store. If you want to upgrade it you're going to have to go through the apple website. You may try through the store but its going to be more expensive as they don't charge the difference, they'll make you buy a new hard drive completely

5. jay1118 thread starter macrumors member

jay1118

Thanks guys. I am a first time mac buyer. If i have any other questions i will let u guys know.

And i will share my review of the macbook pro the day i get it.