Price Advice Buying first MacBook Pro

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Jabzzz, Apr 13, 2013.

1. Jabzzz macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2013
    Hi all,

This is my first post please be gentle!

I've had a iMac 2011 in the past so I am fairly safe with handling the osx etc, I just got rid because I didn't like the fact it wasn't portable!

So, I've saw a MacBook Pro late 2011 13" model. 2.4/4/500. Fully boxed. Warranty until June this year. Receipt and a hard case. I'm going to check it out tomorrow. I know the guy who's selling it, he isn't a friend per se but I know him and what he's like. Which is a good thing. He's asking £450 cash. Is this a good deal? What do you guys think?

Thanks for checking out my post!
  2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    As a starting point, you can check Mac2Sell, eBay (including completed sales), or Amazon for prices of similar models, to get an idea of what a reasonable price may be. Then adjust the price to account for condition, configuration, remaining AppleCare coverage (if any), etc.
  3. Jabzzz thread starter macrumors newbie

Apr 13, 2013
    Thanks for the reply. I checked the mac2sell site. It says it could be worth £660 but on eBay they're are none ending soon but seem to be around the £500ish mark.

I think if I get it for £425 it could be a bit of a steal!
  4. TRAV9614 macrumors regular

Aug 27, 2012
    Just be careful and check it over really well. If something is wrong with it you still have AppleCare though.