Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
I live in Denmark, so my Apple ID's country is set to Denmark, but will order from the German Apple Store with delivery in Germany.

Have anyone of you tried buying from another country with your Apple ID? Would it cause any problems, or should I do guest checkout?

The invoicing address will be my address in Denmark (because my credit card is registered to that address), but delivery address will be in Germany.

Lucagfc

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
Pre-order Apple Watch from another country

Hi

I' m an app developer subscribed to the Apple Developer Program and I need to test my app on the device to be sure that anything is okay before release to the public. I write from Italy and my country isn' t in the 24th April launch date.

Anyone knows if I can pre-order an Apple Watch from the France Apple Store and pick-up my watch in person? Are pre-order limited in any way by nationality or residential address? thanks!

Switchback666

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2012
SXM
I've made a lot of purchases on apple US with my card (non US) and only had a problem once and they sent me a email that said they couldn't verify my details with the bank and requested another form of payment/card or pay with a wire transfer.

AbeFrohman

macrumors 6502
Mar 18, 2011
I don't believe there is currently any form of pre-order for in-store pickup. It's preorder to ship to your home/business/wherever, but not pick up.

Cancelled
Jul 22, 2012
I just tried this earlier this morning. I'm from Sweden and have a friend in NY. I simply placed an order for a charging cable and then canceled the order after I confirmed everything worked out fine.

This is what I did,
Used my own Apple ID (without changing anything on the Apple ID).
- Shipping adress: My friends NY adress
- Billing contact: My own information
- Billing adress: My friends NY adress
Used my own credit card (Swedish Master Card) to pay. (don't forget to allow internet transactions on your card though your bank)

It all worked without any problem, and when I got the confirmation mail I just canceled the order.
So there should not be any problems at all, but if you want, just do what I did and place an order and then cancel it. Then you'll know for sure that everything works for you on Friday! =)

Lucagfc

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
From today the Apple Store On-line clearly talk about in store pick-up. So, from your experience, can I pre-order an Apple Watch in the French Apple Online Store from Italy and reserve a pickup to a French Apple Store? there are some kind of restriction for person of differente nationality? thanks!

jafingi

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Apr 3, 2009
Denmark
I just tried this earlier this morning. I'm from Sweden and have a friend in NY. I simply placed an order for a charging cable and then canceled the order after I confirmed everything worked out fine.

This is what I did,
Used my own Apple ID (without changing anything on the Apple ID).
- Shipping adress: My friends NY adress
- Billing contact: My own information
- Billing adress: My friends NY adress
Used my own credit card (Swedish Master Card) to pay. (don't forget to allow internet transactions on your card though your bank)

It all worked without any problem, and when I got the confirmation mail I just canceled the order.
So there should not be any problems at all, but if you want, just do what I did and place an order and then cancel it. Then you'll know for sure that everything works for you on Friday! =)

That's great! Tak :)

macuserpl

macrumors 6502
Sep 28, 2012
Szczecin, Poland
From today the Apple Store On-line clearly talk about in store pick-up. So, from your experience, can I pre-order an Apple Watch in the French Apple Online Store from Italy and reserve a pickup to a French Apple Store? there are some kind of restriction for person of differente nationality? thanks!

If it is a similar system to the one at the iPhone 6 launch, there shouldn't be any problems. I'm from Poland and have a PL Apple ID, and I had no problems to reserve my iPhone and then buy it in-store (in Berlin).

Lucagfc

macrumors 6502
Sep 23, 2008
If it is a similar system to the one at the iPhone 6 launch, there shouldn't be any problems. I'm from Poland and have a PL Apple ID, and I had no problems to reserve my iPhone and then buy it in-store (in Berlin).

Thanks for your answer. I hope that the reservation system remain the same! I hope also that Frech support in store pick up and not only the shipment preorder

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.