Buying from Apple Online with FAN Discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by BLACK MAC, Jun 21, 2009.

1. BLACK MAC macrumors 6502

Has anybody purchased the iPhone with a FAN code on their AT&T account? Did you have any problems getting your iPhone from Apple? Any information would be greatful! :D

2. dave006 Contributor

dave006

I ordered on Apple.com, June 8 with no problem with a Corporate FAN on my account. If you can get your data to display on Apple.com, then you can purchase. There are a very small number of account types that can't use Apple.com this year.

Try it you will like how quick and easy it is to complete the transaction.

Dave

3. BLACK MAC thread starter macrumors 6502

Thank you! I just ordered it and it says ships within 2 - 4 days. I paid extra for 2 day shipping. I hope to receive it by the end of the week. :D

4. Amacfa macrumors 65816

Amacfa

wait.... I get 21% off my ATT bill with a 'fan' discount? Do I get it off the phone too?!

5. BLACK MAC thread starter macrumors 6502

No that is only off data/voice plans. I don't believe the FAN discounts are applied to Apple hardware.

6. Dezlboy macrumors regular

The fine print for my [US Air Force] FAN (not an iPhone, yet) says that the iPhone data plan is not discounted.

Here's the quote from AT&T site, "Your account type qualifies you to the following discounts. Service discounts are applied to the primary line under eligible agreements and exclude certain rate plan types and devices (e.g. iPhone data features and packages).

So, I guess my voice fees will be discounted? I don't know what the "packages" in the quote means.

7. neilp4453 macrumors regular

I haven't read my terms...but I get the discount on the data plan as well as voice.

8. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

9. Dezlboy macrumors regular

Good Catch! thanks.

10. BatPhone macrumors newbie

BatPhone

I was told by Apple that you can order your phone through them then call AT&T and set up your Fan discount when your phone arives