Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mazzy89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Hello I would buy from Apple Store US a MBP and having it shipped to FPO address of my friend. I know Apple doesn't shipped directly to APO/FPO infact I thought to use a forwarding service like APOBox or ShipITApo. The real issue is I have an International credit card (Italy). Now I heard Apple Store US accepts only US credit card but I even heard some people bought on Apple store US despite that. Well I'm asking if someone recently has ever used an International credit card to buying anything on Apple Store US and everthing has gone well.

Last edited:

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Hello I would buy from Apple Store US a MBP and having it shipped to FPO address of my friend. I know Apple doesn't shipped directly to APO/FPO infact I thought to use a forwarding service like APOBox or ShipITApo. The real issue is I have an International credit card (Italy). Now I heard Apple Store US accepts only US credit card but I even heard some people bought on Apple store US despite that. Well I'm asking if someone recently has ever used an International credit card to buying anything on Apple Store US and everthing has gone well.

I dont remember having read it here, or somewhere else. But I do remember reading it. Like Last year or I think when the iPad Mini was released lot of people thought of using this idea getting it ordered to a Package Forwading Company in the U.S and someone had posted a Email reply that their Package Forwarding company got from Apple which Apple was saying "Apple has means to detect which product ie bieng forwarded to a Indiviual address and which to a Package forwarding company" All the orders that Apple had taken this way Apple cancelled all the orders and issued refunds. So apple is 2 steps ahead when it comes to trying to take them for a ride !

mazzy89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
What you say it is not what I would know :) In online Apple Store iwhen you try to buy an item it is written:

How do I ship to an APO/FPO address?
Apple can ship to APO/FPO addresses using a third-party freight forwarding service which will conveniently redirect Apple Store shipments to APO/FPO addresses for a fee. Learn more about APO/FPO.

Here it is the link: http://store.apple.com/us/open/shipping_apo

So without any doubt I can use a forwarding service to receive a product in my FPO address. The question is different

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
What you say it is not what I would know :) In online Apple Store iwhen you try to buy an item it is written:

How do I ship to an APO/FPO address?
Apple can ship to APO/FPO addresses using a third-party freight forwarding service which will conveniently redirect Apple Store shipments to APO/FPO addresses for a fee. Learn more about APO/FPO.

Here it is the link: http://store.apple.com/us/open/shipping_apo

So without any doubt I can use a forwarding service to receive a product in my FPO address. The question is different

Look my friend I get the point that you are making about using a International Credit Card. I dont have an experience with that on using on Apple ONline store. You can give it a try, is what I would say. I have tried using my International Credit Card on ebay for a U.S only Product and it worked. I cant say about Apple. But the point I am making is even if your card went through be ready to be issued a refund if Apple detects that it is a Package Forwarding Company address and not a personal or a Indiviual Address where you would want your item to get shipped to. Good Luck !

mazzy89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Ok I understand what you mean. I know Apple Store Online ships to APOBox or ShipITApo because I personally contacted one of them in particular ShipITApo and they said it receives regularly Apple products and forward them without any issues. My preoccupation is the payment. When I pay through Credit Card, Apple take money immediately from my credit card and after check the billing address or it checks before the billing address and after take money?

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Ok I understand what you mean. I know Apple Store Online ships to APOBox or ShipITApo because I personally contacted one of them in particular ShipITApo and they said it receives regularly Apple products and forward them without any issues. My preoccupation is the payment. When I pay through Credit Card, Apple take money immediately from my credit card and after check the billing address or it checks before the billing address and after take money?

It is the Payment Gateway company for e.g Paypal that will do this verification not Apple If I am correct. Once the Payment goes thorugh there is no reason to start cribbing about what the Billing address. Once your payment is successful, it means it is succesful. Then I dont think billing address would matter really.

mazzy89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Ok so when I compile the form with credit card info's and the order it is successfull, there is no reason I'm worried about billing address. I thought Apple take money from credit card and only after checks the billing address. So If the order doesn't go immediately well, money remain in the credit card and nothing happen, right?

augustya

Suspended
Feb 17, 2012
Ok so when I compile the form with credit card info's and the order it is successfull, there is no reason I'm worried about billing address. I thought Apple take money from credit card and only after checks the billing address. So If the order doesn't go immediately well, money remain in the credit card and nothing happen, right?

Yes !

mazzy89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
I had an idea. I have bought a Gift Card using my international credit card. The order page says the order will be processed in the next hours. We will know soon if my credit card is good to order from Apple Store US

UPDATE
Apple have withdrawed money from my credit card. Order is still in processing status. I think it will soon closed successfully.

Last edited:

mazzy89

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
Apple have withdrawed money from my credit card. Order is still in "processing items" status. is this normal after about 5 hours for a gift card?I hope so :confused:

galante.br

macrumors newbie
Oct 21, 2014
Apple have withdrawed money from my credit card. Order is still in "processing items" status. is this normal after about 5 hours for a gift card?I hope so :confused:

Hi mazzy89! I'm having the same issue... But I couldn't find anywhere to buy the gift card using an international credit card.
Where you bought it?

Thanks!

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
I think you can buy from the US store with an international card. Just make sure you put your international billing address in.

I buy with my US card (and billing address from many store around the world. I think the only requirement for a local store to you can only ship that country.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.