• Did you order new AirTags? We've opened a dedicated AirTags forum.

wannabepcuser

macrumors member
Original poster
May 25, 2013
Long time lurker and first time I have had the need to ask a question.

I am interested in buying an iPhone 5S at full price within the next few weeks. My question, is, is there a difference in software and/or features of the phone if I buy it from an Apple store, vs buying it from Verizons pre-order website?

I have the unlimited plan with Verizon and have no intention of loosing it by buying a subsidized phone. Are there any features that are turned off on these phones by buying it from Verizon that are not turned off if it was bought from Apple?

Thanks

monkeybagel

macrumors 65816
Jul 24, 2011
United States
Long time lurker and first time I have had the need to ask a question.

I am interested in buying an iPhone 5S at full price within the next few weeks. My question, is, is there a difference in software and/or features of the phone if I buy it from an Apple store, vs buying it from Verizons pre-order website?

I have the unlimited plan with Verizon and have no intention of loosing it by buying a subsidized phone. Are there any features that are turned off on these phones by buying it from Verizon that are not turned off if it was bought from Apple?

Thanks

Exactly the same. Same product. Fortunately, Apple does not cave in with carrier customizations like androids, etc.

Comment

Sital

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2012
New England
The only advantage from buying from Apple is that you can add AppleCare+ on the spot...and browse through the Apple store. :)

Comment

Akack

macrumors 6502a
Mar 5, 2011
USA
Exact same phone but if purchased from Apple : No restocking fee with 30 day return window if bought device only whether opened or unopened.

Comment

erure

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2010
Yup no difference except Apple Store has a much better return policy and you can get AppleCare+ right away. Get it from the Apple Store unless it's a huuuuuge inconvenience (e.g. no Apple Store near you and you can't order it from the online Apple Store).

Comment
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.