Buying from Apple vs Verizon

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by wannabepcuser, Nov 19, 2013.

1. wannabepcuser macrumors member

Long time lurker and first time I have had the need to ask a question.

I am interested in buying an iPhone 5S at full price within the next few weeks. My question, is, is there a difference in software and/or features of the phone if I buy it from an Apple store, vs buying it from Verizons pre-order website?

I have the unlimited plan with Verizon and have no intention of loosing it by buying a subsidized phone. Are there any features that are turned off on these phones by buying it from Verizon that are not turned off if it was bought from Apple?

Thanks

2. monkeybagel macrumors 65816

Exactly the same. Same product. Fortunately, Apple does not cave in with carrier customizations like androids, etc.

3. Sital macrumors 68000

Sital

The only advantage from buying from Apple is that you can add AppleCare+ on the spot...and browse through the Apple store. :)

4. Akack macrumors 6502a

Exact same phone but if purchased from Apple : No restocking fee with 30 day return window if bought device only whether opened or unopened.

5. erure macrumors regular

Yup no difference except Apple Store has a much better return policy and you can get AppleCare+ right away. Get it from the Apple Store unless it's a huuuuuge inconvenience (e.g. no Apple Store near you and you can't order it from the online Apple Store).

6. boondocks macrumors member