Buying from ElyoTV? Thoughts?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by GimmeSlack12, Sep 3, 2009.

1. GimmeSlack12 macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

2. LindseyDarragh macrumors newbie

Dont do it!

I almost did the same thing earlier this evening. Apparently the company has existed for about three weeks. This caught me off guard so I read the terms of service which about knocked me over.... It states:

Termination

You or we may suspend or terminate your account or your use of this Web Site at any time, for any reason or for no reason. You are personally liable for any orders placed or charges incurred through your account prior to termination. We reserve the right to change, suspend, or discontinue all or any aspect of this Web Site at any time without notice.

Prices & Availability

All prices listed on this website are in US dollars and all charges will be processed in US dollars, unless otherwise specified.

While we make every effort to ensure the product information and pricing on ElyoTv.com is accurate and current, there may be instances where inaccurate or incomplete data is displayed. In the event item data is incorrect, such as listed with an incorrect price, availability, or with incorrect information, ElyoTv.com shall have the right, at our sole discretion, to refuse or cancel any orders placed for that item. In the event an item is mispriced, ElyoTv.com, at our discretion, will do one of the following:

If an item is priced lower than the displayed price, you will be charged the lower amount and we will ship the item.

If an item is priced higher than the stated amount, we will either contact you for instructions or cancel your order and notify you of such cancellation. If we cancel your order after your payment has been processed, we will issue you a full refund.

We reserve the right to correct errors and/or update the content on our website at any time without notice.

http://elyotv.com/conditions.php

The mac I almost ordered was listed at 50% off but the fine print showed the discount expiring in April of this year even though the site is only a month or so old.

That right there finished it for me.
    Also the phone number is constantly busy. Several others have had the same problem. The only credentials that they give are being registered with shop mania and any business with a website can sign up with them.

I wouldn't risk it.

3. bumzo1 macrumors 6502a

4. old-wiz macrumors G3

5. LindseyDarragh macrumors newbie

Update

So I contacted shop mania who says that elyotv is not registered through them and using their logo without consent. I'd say that pretty much seals the deal lol.

6. GimmeSlack12 thread starter macrumors 603

GimmeSlack12

Agreed. Amazon = peace of mind.

7. ibtalkn macrumors newbie

Lookin' REEEEAALL scammy...

Yeah, I saw this site too... just popped up in a search I did for a Pioneer Kuro Elite PRO-151FD, when it didn't show up 2 days ago. The cheapest I've found for this top-end 60" plasma is about $4200... these yahoos are selling it for $2222?? Just look at ANY of the prices on that site, they're all ridiculous.

Besides, any company whose 'Terms and Conditions' look like they were written by a 7th grader is suspect right off the bat.

"Order Limitations

We reserve the right to reject any order you place with us, and/or or to limit quantities on any order, without giving any reason. If we reject your order, we will generally attempt to notify you using the e-mail address you gave us when you placed the order."

Without giving any reason? GENERALLY attempt to notify?? C'mon.

And yes, their phone is constantly busy. If you do try to place an order, once you get to the point where it would send you to the PayPal payment page, you're re-directed back to the home page... nice job. And any site that wants to use Western Union wire transfer should automatically be scrapped... that's the biggest scam out there.

One other thing... if you send them an email to 'Customer Service' via any of their many places available on the site to do so, the thank you page that comes up afterward has a suspiciously familiar icon for their mail... yup, Mac OSX's mail app icon. It's absurd.

TC