Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tradewind

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 15, 2009
Ok this may be a silly question to some, but I seriously don't know the answer, so here goes: I'm living in Canada right now (temporarily), and since my address is Canadian I had no choice but to register a Canadian iTunes account. However lots of apps and other content are only available in iTunes of other countries. I already used my credit card info for the Canadian store, am I allowed (or am I able to) to enter the same credit card info to register for another country's iTunes (for example, iTunes Japan or iTunes US), and enter some bogus information for address, if I want to buy stuff from that store?

Gokunama

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2008
Apple checks the billing address, and the billing address has got to be in the same country as the iTunes store you're applying for.

If you don't have another credit card with a billing address in the iTunes store of application, there is another way. Order an American or a Japanese iTunes card from an eBay seller of high repute.

You can put any valid address from America or Japan or whichever iTunes store you're applying for in the billing address if you're using iTunes cards.

steve10172

macrumors regular
Apr 13, 2009
London UK
Apple checks the billing address, and the billing address has got to be in the same country as the iTunes store you're applying for.

If you don't have another credit card with a billing address in the iTunes store of application, there is another way. Order an American or a Japanese iTunes card from an eBay seller of high repute.

You can put any valid address from America or Japan or whichever iTunes store you're applying for in the billing address if you're using iTunes cards.
Can you then sync apps bought from two different "iTunes Accounts" to same iPhone?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.