Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

BPose421

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Hey guys, new to the forum, in the market to buy a Mac! I found a few posts about my question, but im not 100% sure. My question is if I buy from a Non-Authorized Resellers, will I have problems with my warranty? or Apple Care? Will Apple void it? cause It wasn't purchased for a Authorized Reseller.

I'm planning on buying the 2.4ghz Macbook and I came across a website (http://www.californiacomputer.com) that's selling it for $1488.00 free shipping and No Taxes out the door. Read the buyers guide, seems like a legit website but I'm still iffy. Well my other concern is now, dose this site look legit? What do you guys think?

Cash Verner

macrumors newbie
Feb 3, 2009
Would also like the hear this information.
What I do know is that apple care is transferable. If they can give you a legit invoice, or receipt from apple, then you can transfer it into your name.

Another question is, i have seen some macbook pros on ebay for only 1679.99. If you cant give you a receipt, there wouldnt be a way i can get apple care for it right?

kastenbrust

macrumors 68030
Dec 26, 2008
North Korea
Whois Registration:

California Computer
444 S. Flower ST
Los Angeles, CA 90017
US

Domain Name: CALIFORNIACOMPUTER.COM

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Contact, DNS Technical
241 IMPERIAL HWY
FULLERTON, CA 92835-1055
US
(714)738-7270 fax: (714)447-0544

Record expires on 07-Mar-2011.
Record created on 07-Mar-1999.
Database last updated on 3-Feb-2009 04:18:03 EST.

Domain servers in listed order:

DNS.CCINET.COM
DNS2.CCINET.COM

BPose421

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 3, 2009
Thanks for the reply. Even tho the answer is right in-front of me, It still helps hearing other people’s opinions. Yeah it's a risk, which I am not willing to take. thought about it and I really don't want to be dealing with any issues (if any happen to arise) down the road. Going the Apple Store route to buy it.

$1596.69 isn’t bad with Edu disc. but the $108 savings would have been a nice amt of money to pocket if I were to purchase it from Cali.computers. :(

But I'm still curious for anyone who bought their Mac from a non-auth reseller (like a website, or even eBay) you guys have any issues with your warranty? Did Apple make a big deal out of where you purchased your Mac??

IndyGopher

macrumors 6502a
Nov 3, 2001
Indianapolis, IN
Thanks for the reply. Even tho the answer is right in-front of me, It still helps hearing other people’s opinions. Yeah it's a risk, which I am not willing to take. thought about it and I really don't want to be dealing with any issues (if any happen to arise) down the road. Going the Apple Store route to buy it.

$1596.69 isn’t bad with Edu disc. but the $108 savings would have been a nice amt of money to pocket if I were to purchase it from Cali.computers. :(

But I'm still curious for anyone who bought their Mac from a non-auth reseller (like a website, or even eBay) you guys have any issues with your warranty? Did Apple make a big deal out of where you purchased your Mac??

I've purchased a few Macs from eBay, craigslist, etc. I've only had to had service on a couple of Apple products, but when I did, all they did was look up the serial number to see when it was originally sold. If it was in warranty, it was in warranty. Didn't seem to care who I was or how I procured it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.