Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dziewuliz

Cancelled
Original poster
Oct 29, 2007
Hi,

So finally I decided to get a macbook as well, a refurb... I am planning to visit my friend in the US, and prior to that I bought it with my visa card (Lithuanian one) and shipped it to my friend in the US. Unfortunately, so far I can only see that my money was only "authorised" which means, they haven't really charged me yet... How long could it take? Could it also be the problem that I provided my friends address, when I was filling the cardholder information (They didn't allow me to put my European address there..)?
Now, I can of course wait two weeks, and if they fail to charge my credit card, then I would just get my money back... But then I would have all the hassle with transferring money to my friend...

Could somebody shed some light on this, please? :)

P.S. I might as well just call the apple service, but prior to that, I just decided to ask the wise-ones... :))

Nomoreapple

macrumors newbie
Nov 9, 2007
Please don't buy from the apple online store or through 1-800 my apple unless you want mountains of problems piling over your shoulders. Visit the thread that I started called, "I wait and wait and wait! Enough is enough!" I've documented my experiences with one lying apple sales rep who was all too eager to land a sale and I end up paying for her lies.

I have nothing against the product, although now whenever I see one, I cringe, because I haven't gotten over the horrible experience with 1-800 my apple. But I seriously suggest you buy from a physical store.

suneohair

macrumors 68020
Aug 27, 2006
Nomoreapple is clearly on a mission to smear the Apple online store and order by phone due to their lack of common sense. "Don't customize your computer with added software. One added software will make your computer customized, which means you can't return it if something happens." DUH! There are probably MILLIONS of people that have no problems. Do not let one person ruin your impression of the Apple Store.

I have spent at least $10,000 with Apple over the years and have had no problems with the online store.

I have had the computer on my door-step and hadn't really been charged yet. Not having been charged is not an indication in ever case that your computer hasn't shipped.

Further, as long as your billing address is accurate there should not be a problem. Meaning it must match what is on your credit card. If that is not the case, the order will not likely get cancelled.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.