Buying from school store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac7, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Mac7

So the bookstore sells Apple products and I am planning to purchase a rMBP in the next few days. But there are rumors that apple will be releasing new rMBP soon. If Apple does release a new one, will I be able to exchange the rMBP for a new one from Apple? Bookstore does not allow returns.

2. PeopleTheseDays macrumors regular

No you can't. Why don't you just wait instead of trying to "rent" a laptop? I've been waiting since the MacBook Airs came out over the summer, I was ready to buy the 15 mbp that day if they released it.

3. boomdog macrumors regular

boomdog

So does that mean that if I bought a MBPr today and they announced the new model tomorrow or next week even they would not accept a return? I'm sure they offered something similar for the new iPad when it was released.

4. PeopleTheseDays macrumors regular

The question he/she asked is if they bought it from the school bookstore, would Apple allow an exchange. I doubt it.

Isn't the real question about why the three of us know a refresh is around the corner, and would still consider buying the mbp just to take advantage of the return policy and get a new one while "renting" a laptop for free.

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

If you buy it from Apple, then Apple will take it back and you can get a newer one.

Apple and most companies will not give you credit for a device from a third party store.