Buying from school store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Mac7, Oct 6, 2013.

1. Mac7 macrumors 6502a

Jun 14, 2009
    So the bookstore sells Apple products and I am planning to purchase a rMBP in the next few days. But there are rumors that apple will be releasing new rMBP soon. If Apple does release a new one, will I be able to exchange the rMBP for a new one from Apple? Bookstore does not allow returns.
  2. PeopleTheseDays macrumors regular

Sep 5, 2010
    No you can't. Why don't you just wait instead of trying to "rent" a laptop? I've been waiting since the MacBook Airs came out over the summer, I was ready to buy the 15 mbp that day if they released it.
  3. boomdog macrumors regular

Oct 3, 2013
    The most Easterly point of the UK
    So does that mean that if I bought a MBPr today and they announced the new model tomorrow or next week even they would not accept a return? I'm sure they offered something similar for the new iPad when it was released.
  4. PeopleTheseDays macrumors regular

Sep 5, 2010
    The question he/she asked is if they bought it from the school bookstore, would Apple allow an exchange. I doubt it.

Isn't the real question about why the three of us know a refresh is around the corner, and would still consider buying the mbp just to take advantage of the return policy and get a new one while "renting" a laptop for free.
  5. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    If you buy it from Apple, then Apple will take it back and you can get a newer one.

Apple and most companies will not give you credit for a device from a third party store.