Buying Help - Logic Pro X & 13" MBA

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by mrjohnnyglass, Jul 18, 2013.

1. mrjohnnyglass macrumors newbie

Hey gang, just looking for some advice. I'm looking to purchase a new Mac here soon, and was looking for some feedback.

First off, I'm a musician, and I'm constantly on the go. I work a lot on promotions in coffee shops and eateries around Austin. For the promotions side it's mainly email and flyer making in Photoshop (basic stuff, 4-5 layer vector images, nothing crazy at all.)

On the production side, I'm also going to be running Logic Pro X. I am working on a record right now, but the heavy lifting has already been done at a studio here in town. Now, I'm just working on vocals and guitars and keyboards. So I'll never be recording more than two tracks at a time, with very little need for live monitoring as the tracks are going in.

Other than that? Basic web usage, watching some movies streamed to my Apple TV.

So what I was thinking abut doing was getting the 13" MBA with 8GB and 128GB of storage, and using a USB 3.0 drive for my logic/photoshop files. What do y'all think?

2. mattferg macrumors 6502

Sounds great! :) If you're just doing light stuff save the money and avoid the i7. Hope you enjoy your Mac!

3. Astrofox macrumors member

I have the MBA 13" i7 - Logic Pro X works just fine :)