Buying? HP LaserJet 3050 AIO

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by ebook, Jul 16, 2007.

1. ebook macrumors 6502

I was wondering if anyone here has any experience with this printer. Right now I have a Brother MFC color printer/scanner/copier/fax and it is a pain in the butt. When one cartridge goes out, which happens pretty much every two months whether it is on/off or used/not, you cannot print anything. I don't like that, and I don't like the fact that it wastes ink without even using it. This is for my office. I think in the three years that I have had it I have printed about 2 things that NEEDED to be in color and in reality my office is next to my house where I have a color inkjet. So, that is why I was looking at the laser.

But, I need a couple of things. I need the fax/scanner/copier ability and I would really like the ability to print grayscale images. I will be making master copies for flyers and such that will be printed black and white, but they will include pictures. Does anyone know if this laserjet can handle grayscale pictures?

Thanks for any help. Also, if this is the wrong direction for me to be looking maybe you could point me elsewhere.

2. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Question #1: How many pages per month you print % e.g. 60-black 40-color??

Question #2: Do you need wifi or ethernet or bluetooth connections also ??

3. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Answer #1: About 100 black and 0 color (can do that at the main office on a color laser)

Answer #2: I don't "need" wifi/ethernet/bluetooth. The only ones that would be "fun" to have would be something that I could use wirelessly, but I have a nice 15 foot usb cable so things work okay.

By the way, if it matters I'm using a PB G4 1.5

Thanks for the help!

4. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Just wondering if anyone else had some advice on this question. I have never owned a laser printer before and my only real experience with them was 12 years ago in High School Journalism. We had one laser that would print grayscale pictures really well, and then an other that couldn't do it at all. I didn't know where this printer fell, or laser printers in general.

5. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

Laser Printer Question

I posted some of this in the buying forum, but I thought maybe others viewing this one would have more input on the ins and outs of laser printers

I need the fax/scanner/copier ability and I would really like the ability to print grayscale images. I will be making master copies for flyers and such that will be printed black and white, but they will include pictures. Does anyone know if this laserjet can handle grayscale pictures?

Thanks for any help. Also, if this is the wrong direction for me to be looking maybe you could point me elsewhere.

I don't need color at all (we have a color laser at the main office), but I do need grayscale images for flyers and mailings.

6. kolax macrumors G3

Depending on the DPI of the Laser printer.

We have one at the university which is black and white and can print some decent pictures (not in great great detail) which is good enough for the likes of a flyer.

Try before you buy I guess - speak to a vender and see if you are able to get a demonstration to see if you are satisfied with the quality.

7. ebook thread starter macrumors 6502

I just checked the "Printing DPI" on the HP website and it said that it was "up to 1200x1200. Can anyone enlighten me on if that should be enough for decent grayscale images?

8. asila4 macrumors newbie

9. vilma macrumors newbie