Buying in a UK Apple retail store

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by RustyUK, Jun 18, 2009.

1. RustyUK macrumors newbie

I'm planning on going up to London on Saturday to purchase a 2.53Ghz 13" MBP- but was just thinking about the payment side of it.

As I have just turned 18, I'm not sure how my bank would take to me using by debit card for such a large amount- I have the funds, but would it be refused as it is such a large amount?

Anyway, I'm going to my bank tomorrow to try and find out what would happen. My question is- do the Apple stores accept cheques? Or are there any other options to paying for it instore, if I'm going to have any problems with my debit card?

Thanks!

2. NATO macrumors 68000

NATO

If you've the money in the bank then you will be able to make the payment, however the store may be asked to ring for authorisation when putting the payment through. Worst case scenario is that you'd have to talk to someone from your bank on the phone to confirm the amount and a few security details. Don't worry :)

3. ditzy macrumors 68000

ditzy

I don't think there will be any trouble. They usually only block cards if it appears that they have been stolen.

4. PrincessPeach macrumors regular

I bought my last two Macs on Maestro; you'll be fine :) one from a brand new account, too.