Buying in-store in DC

Discussion in 'iPad' started by wahoo10, Mar 27, 2012.

1. wahoo10 macrumors 6502

Anyone had any luck with DC-area stores, especially NoVa? Everyone seems to be out of the 32s and any model Wi-Fi :(

2. cbronfman macrumors 6502

Not sure about current stock

I know when iPad3 was first released, the Apple Store on Wisconsin Avenue in GT had plenty of them (all flavors). Why don't you order it on line to pick up in the store - chances are you'd get it in a day or two

3. fkhan3 macrumors 6502

I was at Fair Oaks few hours ago to exchange my 32GB AT&T. They seem to have plenty of stock. I saw at least four people were in process of buying one.

4. wahoo10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hmm haven't called Fair Oaks. I'll call them next

I went online the past few nights and the only store that would have it in stock the next morning is up in Maryland, and it's a bit of a drive for a weekday morning. May see about picking it up Saturday there if that's the only option.

Five stores around me (Reston, Tysons, Fair Oaks, Arlington, and even Georgetown) and none of them have the next-day pickup. Called a bunch of Best Buys too. Guess that's what I get for wanting a 32 White Wifi-only :rolleyes:

5. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I'd be surprised if Pentagon City or Clarendon don't have what you want.

6. wahoo10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, I called every Apple store in the area, and best buys. The Tysons had 1, gone quick. The Gtown store said "yes, a few" on the phone, drove all the way there, only for them to say that they've been out of them for awhile and the guy on the phone must've been mistaken.

Grr.

I'll look again tonight about in-store pickup, but if last night was any indication, only Bethesda Row has them (out of the 8 stores within a 20mi radius).

7. Scuba-EMT macrumors regular

Scuba-EMT

8. swordfish5736 macrumors 68000

swordfish5736

wow thats interesting. They added the pickup in-store option last week. I ordered thru the apple store iPhone app last tuesday evening and picked it up in-store the next morning. Showed they had them in stock everywhere for the 32gb+4g black. I wonder if initial supply has been sold. though you'd think they still get some on a nightly basis.

9. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Sure, if you want to drive for an hour and a half from Fairfax...without traffic.

10. Alphaforcex macrumors member

I called a few stores and none of them have white AT&T in stock. I ended up buying the black one. The bestbuy I went to have no wifi versions in stock at all!

I am thinking about returning it to get the white one later.

11. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

Black makes the screen pop more...

12. sydia21, Mar 27, 2012
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2012

sydia21 macrumors regular

sydia21

The first weekend they came out there were plenty in each store. I pre ordered a 16gb white AT&T but decided it was too small.

Bethesda Row had a lot of 32gb white AT&T models when I went in to exchange on Saturday morning.

Got home and noticed a scratch near the bezel, nothing major but it always drew my eye because I knew it was there.

Got a replacement on Sunday at Pentagon City and they also had plenty in stock.

Maybe people waiting for the first batch to run out before purchasing are buying out all the stock now or stores arent receiving as much stock because demand has gone down but I know all DMV stores were heavily stocked launch weekend.

13. It'sMyPrecious macrumors regular

I got my 16gb wifi white iPad on Launch Day from a local Best Buy, but I had to return it because the screen was extremely yellow and had backlighting issues. Then I thought I might as well get a 32gb wifi white iPad. I called all the Best Buys, and they did not have any in stock. I ended up getting one from the Apple Store in Tyson's Corner.

14. jetblk328i macrumors 6502

15. bafonso macrumors member

Reston apple store had plenty of non-4g when I got mine.

16. wahoo10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Quite possible everyone's just running low and they're trying to pursued people to buy the models that aren't selling as hot. Most non-Apple stores are out of all Wi-fi models, Apple is out of most 32s. Guess White 32GB Wifi is the popular model...maybe I should go black?

17. Papillo macrumors member

You'll never go back :) j/k funny, i was given a 32gb white wifi only by mistake in Towson md, which i exchanged for a Black version at Georgetown about a week ago. they had plenty at that time.

good luck

18. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Apple store at Columbia, Montgomery mall, and Bethesda row had quite a bit when I went last week.

19. ZipZap macrumors 601

And rockville (montgomery mall), columbia (mall), annapolis (mall)

20. wahoo10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hah, I have a white 4S so I was hoping to keep them the same, but I've heard the black looks great. Maybe I should go in and take a look and maybe the black will appeal. A few had black models, but Clarendon and PentCity were both completely out.

----------

Called Rockville and Bethesda, both only had black or wifi+4G. Columbia is too nightmarish with traffic during the week, Annapolis is too far for just an iPad

21. ipodlover77 macrumors 65816

ipodlover77

Called mtgomery. Said they have some. Not sure if accurate.

22. wahoo10 thread starter macrumors 6502

Hah, yeah had that happen yesterday. Gtown swore they had a stack, actually turned out to be none