buying in store vs online...does it matter?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by CallMeZsaZsa, Jun 17, 2009.

1. CallMeZsaZsa macrumors member

Want to take advantage of the back to school promotion and get a MBP, ipod touch and possibly a printer. Does it make a difference if we do it in store or do it online?

2. spillproof macrumors 68020

spillproof

If you do it online, you will have to wait for all of it to ship to you BUT have more customization options than limited in-store selections.

Other note, I had an extremely great experience ordering over the phone.

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

I think Back To School is only available through online store (correct me if I'm wrong). In online store you can configure your Mac

4. travisjacques macrumors member

Nope, back to school program works in store too.

Just be careful that they ring you up the right way the first time. They forgot to put the student discount on my first receipt and when i tried to do the rebates they wouldnt work. Just a heads up

5. CallMeZsaZsa thread starter macrumors member

yeah, I verified that it was in store and online.
    Good point about it being more customizable online. Just deciding if we want to upgrade anything on the 13 " or get it as is and upgrade later.

6. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Okay :p We have no Apple Stores here in Finland and I've only read Finland's promotion rules and they said it only works through Online Store :cool:

7. RedWings macrumors regular

I suggest getting the base model and then upgrading later with Third Party hardware.

8. f412hussain macrumors newbie

Ive heard of few occasion that students have gone into the store and said they are design students and managed to get 20% off :eek: Anyone else heard of this? or ever done it?

Also just on the verge of buying my imac using education discount and noticed that the education discount for Higher education has been lowered as a base 24" imac from £1199 was down to £1005 and now it came up as 1055!
    :mad:Knew I should have brought it the other day!:mad:

9. virilep macrumors member

I'm interested in this too! 20% off for Design students???

10. thegoldenmackid macrumors 604

thegoldenmackid

This is the first I have heard of it. Remember though, if one is buying a Mac Pro, the ADC is the way to go...

11. koobcam321 macrumors newbie

doesnt matter online or store,, but provided the store is at easy reach & time at your disposal, you may pick one from the store after having a first-hand feel of it.

12. thecheda macrumors 6502

Feel

I like to feel the product, and give it a couple of test-runs before I am set on purchasing it. Something so expensive (usually w/ Apple) deserves a run through first. :p

13. pete9976 macrumors newbie

How does this play into the iMac 27' screen issues?

If you order it online, are you guaranteed a newer built system?