Buying instore in the UK

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by mediamab, Jul 17, 2009.

1. mediamab macrumors member

hiya guys,

A quick question... can I just go into an apple store and take home the top (standard) spec iMac and macbook air? or do they not stock these items or any computers?

Mnay thanks

2. johnnyi macrumors regular

Most apple stores stock the lower end models.Your best bet would be to phone the store and ask them if they have stock.

Jonathan

3. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Of course they stock them as long as they are standard models, no BTOs in stores usually. I still recommend you to call them before just to make sure that they have them in stock but usually they do.

4. mediamab thread starter macrumors member

That's great as I'm most likely going for standard options :)
    I'm debatin the MacBook pro instead of the air, can they add an SSD drive in store?

5. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

Yea I think so. Just bring the SSD with you and they can do it, though they will charge for it likely but as your buying two Macs at the same time they can do it cheaper of maybe for free. Call and ask how much they charge for that and do they have time for that

6. Icestorm815 macrumors member

Nope, unless your talking about the higher end base Macbook Air. For the more expensive Air, it comes standard with the SSD drive. Unfortunately all custom orders have to be done through the online apple store.

7. mediamab thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the input.

Was also wandering as I'm getting two top end computers will I gain any free extras? Can I push them to give me the iPod deal for education users, I am a graduate-2yrs ago I graduated

8. Hellhammer Moderator

Hellhammer

Staff Member

You can always ask but usually Apple gives no special discounts. What I've heard, people gets small (10 to 20$) discounts for AppleCare and iWork. It depends on salesman, ask when you're there

9. mediamab thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for the info, I'm hoping I can push for an iPod, as by going instore and getting tomorrow I'm missing out on one as online I'd prob get a refurbed air. I'm getting employee discount so since this is same amount as education I can push the iPod deal too :)

Looks like tomorrow could be a very exciting day :)