Buying interim phone until 6 comes

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by gsusser, Sep 21, 2014.

1. gsusser macrumors regular

I'm ordering the new iP today. I presently have an unlocked 4 month old 5s. My initial thought is that I would get more money if I sold it now. However, that would leave me without a phone until the 6 came in a month or thereabouts. What is my best option for a temporary phone? Or is my thinking wrong about the resale value being higher now than a month from now?

2. lelisa13p macrumors 68000

lelisa13p

So you want to spend $ on another phone to use while you sell the one you already have, on the speculation that you might get a little more $ if you sell now instead of in 30 days? Sounds like a lot of trouble for a dubious return on effort. I wouldn't do it. YMMV

3. powerstrokin macrumors 6502a

powerstrokin

If OP has enough money to purchase an unlocked 5S four months ago and already bought a new 6 (assuming, given his wording) then he's got money to throw away on a third phone in the meantime.

However- OP I doubt the difference in price now versus in a month will be enough to go through the hassle.