Buying iPad 2 on holiday in Thailand

Discussion in 'iPad' started by ncfcstar, Jun 10, 2011.

1. ncfcstar macrumors member

Hi Guys,

Quick question, I'm currently in Thailand on holiday from the UK. I walked into a tech store over here today and saw the iPad 2 on sale at a significantly lower price than in the UK. Does anyone know the deal with bringing it back into the UK, I assume if it's in my hand luggage there wont be a problem if I've opened it?

I know I wont have the correct charger, but everything else will work correctly wont it? I'm just looking at the WiFi version, no 3G. I also assume I will lose any AppleCare on the product?

Thanks for any help guys, hopefully someone can put me on the right track.

2. rikbrown macrumors regular

Hi,

I did the exact same thing (buying from Thailand, using in the UK). It works fine - don't worry :). It's so much cheaper than here!

I'm not sure about AppleCare - I think you'd probably be better buying that here for it.

Cheers.

EDIT: also re-read and saw your luggage question. Yeah, I just had mine in my hand luggage (as I'd opened it and wanted to play in the plane of course) and it was fine. I'm sure it'd be fine if it was in your hold luggage too (if it's not in its box etc), but to be safe I'd probably keep it in hand.

3. ncfcstar thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for that, looks like there isn't any stock anywhere anyway!

4. Mr.C macrumors 601

FYI, the standard Apple 1 year warranty is worldwide on iPads.