Buying iPad 2

Discussion in 'iPad Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by jesseb444, Apr 7, 2012.

1. jesseb444 macrumors newbie

I live in Europe, travel Europe and USA. I want an iPad 2 with 3G so I can use 'pay as you go' for WiFi. The prices in USA are a lot cheaper that Europe and would like to buy one in USA. But I'm confused...all the stores I've looked at on-line, i.e. Best Buy, Target, Walmart to name a few, have the iPad tied into AT&T or Verison. I'm not sure if I can buy there without a contract on either of those - an 'unlocked' iPad.
    Can anyone advise please?:confused:

2. Ashwood11 macrumors 65816

If you buy from Apple they can probably advise you.

3. reclusive46 macrumors 65816

reclusive46

Just get an AT&T iPad 2 3G. That is unlocked and will work on any 3G network. Your not stuck into any contract. They have two model iPads because the Verizon iPad uses a CDMA network, which is not compatible with anything else.

4. jesseb444 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank you very much for the info. I will buy the AT&T one...much cheaper than buying here!:)

5. Mikes2pads macrumors regular

You will love the ipad2. It's a great device. So far it's looking to be the best Apple has put out. You can install this and that in an ipad3 but if they work less than perfectly like ipad2 than big friggin deal.
    I love my ipad2. Btw,my ipad3 is nice but I need to return it. I hope a replacement works as good as your ip2 will.
    Enjoy. Cheers