Buying iPad apps with no iPad..sad huh?

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by xxRONNIExx, Apr 29, 2010.

1. xxRONNIExx macrumors regular

xxRONNIExx

I've already spent over $100 on iPad apps. Hopefully I'll have my 3G tomorrow! Who else has spent money on app's and haven't even bought one yet? I surely cant be the only one..=)

2. AppleSimon macrumors regular

I did buy a couple but not that many.

Any "must have" apps in your list?

3. maggie2101 macrumors member

I've been buying them since the day I placed my order.:)

4. sracer macrumors 603

sracer

I find it puzzling. But what does it matter what anyone else thinks, it's your money.

Between the time that you purchased those apps and you receive your iPad there will have been new apps released that could be superior to the ones that you bought.

5. vertigo78 macrumors regular

6. WLS macrumors 65816

I've been buying the free ones since before they released the iPad. I have picked up a few on temporary price reduction that I figured I could use. It's a way to get some iPad experience without an iPad.
    I'm not going to judge on that. I feel your pain! :eek:

7. Nausicaa macrumors 6502a

You're not alone. I should be embarrassed with how many iPad apps I've bought. But, I think it will be nice to just plug it in tomorrow and immediately have all the apps on the iPad.

8. FlashHead macrumors regular

So far, I've downloaded 69 iPad specific apps and 18 universal.

Many are paid, many are free. I'm not even sure which are which anymore. Some are double or triple functionality (I have 3 weather apps, 5 note taking apps and 2 additional browsers), I'll see which ones I end up liking best.

Like the OP I don't get my 3G until tomorrow, so it's tough to know which are the must have apps yet. I'm sure Pages and Numbers will be key for me and I'm really looking forward to Mirror's Edge (those are also the most expensive apps I've bought so far).

9. Whorehay macrumors 6502a

Whorehay

I've bought 4 and I've had the iPad since launch day:
    Goodreader
    Flight Control HD
    Wolfram
    Jelly Car 2

Maybe the 3G delay has actually caused you to buy more ;)

10. kultschar macrumors 6502a

Must admit I bought a fair few before my ipad arrived, couldnt help myself!!! 8 of them required updateds before my ipad arrived lol

11. danpass macrumors 68020

danpass

nope.

I have put a bunch of the paid ones on my wishlist but I have downloaded the free ones :D

12. MacToddB macrumors 6502a

MacToddB

As a developer, I wish there were more people like you :)

13. LCS macrumors newbie

I've only downloaded two so far, and I don't have mine yet. I'm not all that into games though.

14. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

LOL! Same here. I already have a bunch of iPad apps ready to be loaded up....

15. ThunderApple macrumors 6502

Bought about 20 iPad Apps a week ago.

My iPad should be here tommorrow morning via UPS. Cant wait!

16. xxRONNIExx thread starter macrumors regular

xxRONNIExx

Im happy to help...:)

17. JZ Wire macrumors regular

JZ Wire

I've downloaded quite a few iPad apps for free but I have only purchased a few just for right now. Like someone said above, you never know if they might reduce prices so im waiting till I get the actual 3G iPad in my hands before I make any serious purchases.
    Some of these apps may be cheap at first. 99 cents here, a dollar there, $1.99 more and before you know it you've racked up $50.
    I think that's the "magic" of the App store, you buy because its real cheap but then you're hooked and you end up spending more than what you bargained for.
    Either way im happy because I use many of the apps I actually buy. :D

18. macridah macrumors 6502a

macridah

totally not sad. I got a bunch of free ones and some games. Spent about $40. there might be a download blitz tomorrow and just wanted to sync my iPad with some stuff. Also couldn't help read some other post of the must have apps. Phew, this has been longest few weeks ever!!!

19. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

What if the promotional new app sale expires :p

I bought a ton of apps the first day, and had no iPad, ordered a 3G. Then I gave in to my impulses the same day and bought a WiFi iPad :D

20. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

I have to admit to laughing at you. Sorry. I was as anxious to get my grubby little hands on my iPad as anybody, but would never have bought apps to just sit on my computer. But hey, it's your money, if that's what makes you happy, go for it.

At least you didn't buy a WiFi model and keep it too long to return it, and then sell it for a couple hundred dollar loss so you could buy a WiFi+3G. Lots of people starting threads saying they did something like that, that's much sillier than buying applications a little ahead of time.

21. Zepaw macrumors 65816

Zepaw

I've spent a lot, but mostly on games. Lot of $10 games. Curse you Plants vs Zombies =[

22. boss1 macrumors 6502a

boss1

Well, I'm on that boat. bought a wifi iPad and selling it tomorrow at a discount. But there is no loss in my view. I used the product and the value it provided me was worth more than the dollar amount i'm discounting it for. ;)

23. Joel Bechtolt macrumors newbie

Hi Ronnie.

Welcome to Apple Anonymous. You're in the right room. It's a safe place for people like us, you're amongst friends :apple:

The first step is admitting you're powerless over Ive and that your life has become unmanageable :)

24. qtx43 macrumors 6502a

Did I say 'silly'? :confused: What I meant was 'sally' as in: Sally forth and live life to its fullest!

25. ThoseBackPages macrumors regular

Not sad at all.

Ive loaded up on the free aps, and have a few paid ones on my "watch list"

ive also spent $100 on a case and a murse to carry my soon to be 3g