Buying ipad in Cancun

Discussion in 'iPad' started by needthephone, Apr 1, 2011.

1. needthephone macrumors 6502a

I'm coming to Cancun for a holiday in a couple of months.

Does any one know if it's possible to buy an ipad there and at what price?

Thanks

2. adroig43 macrumors newbie

I literally just came back from Cancun today, and even though I did NOT step in the store, there is a place called "iStore" in the middle of where all the shops and hotels are. You cannot miss it! From the outside it looks like an unofficial Apple Store, but it does look polished and cool and is not small. Good luck!!

3. needthephone, Apr 1, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

needthephone thread starter macrumors 6502a

Hey thanks for the tip,
    Just found their website
    http://istorela.com/ipad.html
    ipads start at 5599 which is 455 AUD so slightly cheaper. May get one if they have any as they are as rare as hens teeth in Aus.

By the way what's Cancun like never been there or Mexico before?

4. tkadrum macrumors member

In my opinion. WTF?

Say you bought a defected one, are you planning to fly back to Cancun to have it fix?

If you buy in Mexico, you must go back to the place where you bought it. They will then send it in for repair, and believe me, it will be at least one month wait for the thing to come back.

A friend Whois is living in Puerto Vallarta, and that is what he told me about his Mac air.

5. Pballer110 macrumors 6502

Apples warranty is worldwide. They repair it at any official apple store or you can mail it to them for repair.

6. tkadrum macrumors member

You would think!
    He lives 5months in PuertoVallarta, and bought the MacBook air there. While in Sandiego that he was having HD issue. He took it in, but was told he needs to take it to the place where he bought it. They will send them in for repair.
    But anyway, I am just saying.....

7. iKrl macrumors regular

Actually I live in Mexico, bought the first generation iPad here, took it to the Premium Reseller and they were going to fix it but in like two weeks. I then took it to an Apple Store when I went to San Francisco and they fixed it immediately, they didn't care where I bought it or looking at the receipt. It doesn't matter where you buy your iPad, Apple Stores will fix it.

To the OP: You should visit Apple Mexico online for the prices. I think they are running out fast here too so go try and get one as soon as you can. I think prices range from 6999 to 11999 pesos, TAX included.
    That store that someone was talking about is located in a mall called "la Isla", it is where the big hotels are.