Buying iPhone 4 at Apple Store.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by h0ttballer, Sep 15, 2010.

1. h0ttballer macrumors member

So, I want to buy my iPhone 4 tomorrow at the Apple store, Glendale.
    Do I need to make an appointment for it? Or can I just walk in and buy it? Also, the most stores have the iPhone 4's in-stock? Thanks!

2. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

No appointment, you can just walk in. Most Apple Stores do have iPhone 4s in stock now.

3. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

4. The Californian macrumors 68040

The Californian

My pleasure, i'll be buying one tomorrow as well - at the Brea Mall. Enjoy it!

5. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

6. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

congrats on your soon to be ip4s! im getting mine in mid october. icant wait!

7. alleyooptroop macrumors regular

could you guys let us know if 4.1 is already installed after you pick them up? thanks.

8. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

cuz theres a 3 week wait online, most apple stores should have ip4s in stock.

9. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

I'm buying one tomorrow as well at the Towson Town Center in Maryland. Hope they have 'em in stock!

10. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

We don't live in the same area but I have quiet a few buddies across the country who have lately walked in an purchased iPhones. Many stores have them all in stock, call in advanced just to make sure. I grabbed one for my woman the other day last week and they had plenty in stock they said. They do go like hot cakes though.

11. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

out of curiosity, whats the process of how they "activate" the iphone at the apple store when you buy it? do they have to open the box to activate it then and there? the reason i ask is because one of the iphone's that im buying will be a birthday gift for the misses, so i dont want them to open that one.

12. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

Okay, So i wasn't able to buy it today because of my schedule. But I will go in tomorrow. How do they assign your cellphone number? Can I choose what area code to get? Or do they assign it based on my billing address zip code?

13. Jetaray macrumors member

In the USA, you simply tell them what area code and city you would like the phone number for so calls from friends or family are local calls. Some states an area code will cover a large land mass and not all calls are considered local.

If they are really helpful they sometimes let you look at the available numbers in the area you want. The area code and prefix (first three numbers) will be fixed, but they usually have a variety of numbers available (last four digits).

14. mouchoir macrumors 6502a

Not in London unfortunately. Even the new Covent Garden Apple Store, apparently the largest and best stocked in the world, never has them for a walk in.

I went a couple of times this week to that one and Regent Street. I was told people start lining up at midnight even now!

15. soamz macrumors 6502a

Im from India.

Im going to order at Apple Uk Store and wait for that 3 weeks to ship it to my Uk courier address .

16. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

17. joshellis625 macrumors 6502

joshellis625

I just bought one today. Writing this on it now actually. The guy (I think it was a guy) told me to take it out of the box and meet him at one of the MacBook Pros and he activated it through iTunes for me. I don't see why they wouldn't just let you take it unopened and activate it later.

18. h0ttballer thread starter macrumors member

Okay! So I finally bought my IP4 last night at the Glendale Apple Store. Fyi, the Glendale Store is the first Apple store to be opened along with the one in Virginia! Sorry, just wanted to mention it... Anyways, they had it in stock and the dude activated it through an iMac on the counter. And for those that asked earlier, it shipped with iOS 4.1. Facetiming is awesome! Wow, I really love this phone :]]

19. iBaloney macrumors 6502

iBaloney

thats great man! do you know what week # your ip4 is from?

20. laurauberalle macrumors newbie

Ordered from AT&T website and got it in less than a week. Two or three days I believe. I don't know about the Apple store though :confused:

21. mpossoff macrumors 68020

When I ordered mine from the AT&T store I ordered it on a Friday and received it the following Tuesday at the AT&T store I ordered it from.

Marc