buying iPhone 4 in USA

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by sprehodec, Aug 17, 2010.

1. sprehodec macrumors member

sprehodec

Hi,

is it possible to buy iPhone 4 in USA without contract with AT&T (it's ok if it is locket to AT&T network, I just want to buy it :)). I read somewhere that I can buy it for some 599$ (I am asking cause I'm about to go to USA and I wanna get me self one).

tnx in advance

2. calvy macrumors 65816

you should be able to buy it without a contract, but still locked to AT&T, anywhere you can find one in stock.

3. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

I don't think ATT/Apple will allow you as a new customer to sign up with no commitment and pay $599/$699 for the phone. You may however do this if you are an existing customer under contract and are not eligible for early or full upgrade. May be able to get a 3GS this way but not an iPhone 4 at this time..

4. Jaro65 macrumors 68040

Jaro65

This is exactly what I did. I just walked into an Apple Store and got my iPhone without an at&t contract.

Since the Apple Store is going to set up your iPhone, they may require you to either have an existing at&t account, or they may want you to set up one while purchasing the phone. If you pay the full price for the phone though, you don't need to get into a 2-year contractual relationship with at&t, but rather you can get a month-to-month plan, which you can cancel at any time as desired. Maybe there is a way to avoid this, but I didn't investigate as I was upgrading my iPhone 3G while keeping the same month-to-month plan.

5. DiamondGCoupe macrumors 6502

Were you a current ATT customer? Maybe you can do this if you walk into a store but there is no option online to purchase at full retail.