Buying Iphone 4 questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Jnoffke, Jun 12, 2011.

1. Jnoffke macrumors newbie

I am looking at buying a verizon iphone 4 from ebay... I am new to buying cell phones off of ebay and other places...What are some of the things I need to look out for. Also I am looking for a deal so if anyone knows a better place to buy used iphones from any advice would help.

Thanks

2. Vegastouch macrumors 603

Vegastouch

Look at their rating. If they have a good rating, good comments from buyers then you should be good. Check out the seller and if they dont have many ratings (like under 10), bet skeptical and look at their other sold items and read comments from others.
    Only place you might get a better deal is on Craigslist.

3. PNutts macrumors 601

PNutts

Don't.

But now that I've given you my opinion... I'm not the search police, but search these forums for eBay. I only recomment that because there are many posts regarding buying and selling iPhones and I assume there is more information out there already than will appear in this one thread. With that said, I hope you get some good responses here.

4. Jnoffke thread starter macrumors newbie

I was looking around the internet and yeah I just think that ebay would be such a hassle with ESN and trying to make sure its clean and well just a lot of trouble. Thanks for all your advice. If anyone else has anything else to add please do

5. Jnoffke thread starter macrumors newbie

were would be a good place to buy a used iphone 4 for verizon? I have looked over the internet and well found nothing any help would be great

6. TsuaSai macrumors 6502

Well I bought a used Droid X with a clean ESN and had no issues. I look at the seller very close. I read lots of feedback and even look at the feedback of the buyers that left them feedback to make sure nothing looks fishy. If you don't feel up for the extra work there is always forums online if you have enough post/time as a member to see them. Or there is always Craigslist and do a deal in person. Depending on the area CL can be hit or miss.

If you do buy on ebay as the seller to provide whatever number it is and call verizon and verify yourself that it is clean. Of course this doesn't mean you automagicly won't get scammed. But its a good step in the direction. For some finding local just isn't always an option. I think at the end of the day your better off being the buyer than the seller on Ebay these days. With the whole ebay buyer protection. I have never had any issues. But assuming they really will refund you your money it sounds like the worst thing could just be the lag time it takes to get your money back from Ebay.

7. katmanblu macrumors newbie

For what you're going to pay for it on ebay, wouldn't it be cheaper to just get it from Verizon with the 2yr contract:confused:.

8. ratzzo macrumors 6502a

ratzzo

Check how many phones he's sold of that kind, their feedback, whether he's a good seller and such. Many ebay "deals" end up to be stolen phones that get their services banned after you receive it.. be wary when you buy this kind of electronics over these sites.

9. Jnoffke thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks so much for all your advice really helpful...I was looking last night and found this site just search in google the Recell Store that sells used iphones that looks to good to be true also...and yeah going to verizon for a new 2year contract is also an option just dont want to be tied down to a contract anymore especially how much you can resell most of your new smart phones for know days

10. mysterioustko macrumors 6502

avoid any sellers named cupertinorat...lol it's stolen