Buying iPhone 4 without contract signer present?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Super Intendo, Jul 17, 2010.

1. Super Intendo macrumors regular

I want to get an iphone 4, the only problem is if i want to get in person (if i can...) then I'm fairly certain I need to have the contract signer (my step-father, who i out of town for the whole summer) present. Is there any way around this, or is this even correct?

second issue: where is the 'best' place to get an iphone 4 currently? Apples website has a 3 week wait and most places are sold out.

Thanks for any help you guys can give!:D

2. maladroit macrumors member

On launch day, in a similar situation, I had to have my Dad come over and be present. They asked for his ID. I am an authorized line, but apparently that's not enough.

I'm guessing your best option is to order from apple.com?

3. Super Intendo thread starter macrumors regular

any more tips from anyone?

the iphone forum is moving faster than i've ever seen it move, aside from keynote mornings.

4. Rusalka macrumors regular

Rusalka

Well, on launch day, I took a friend to stand in my dads place, my dads ID and his old cellphone and his SSN# and this as good enough for them to add his phone to my line, without him being present to sign

5. Super Intendo thread starter macrumors regular

Hm. I dont have his phone or his ID, i'll probably have to do it online.

6. Rusalka macrumors regular

Rusalka

You might want to call AT&T and see if he can do it by proxy or be at another AT&T store or something. Att likes to work things out for people

As far as your ssecond issue, you ought to see if apple is sill doing the priority list

7. bowlerman625 macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

2 years ago I wanted a launch day phone but could not go to ATT. A friend offered to go in my place. I just went online and added her as an authorized party to my account to allow her to complete the transaction. Once it was done I removed her from the account.

This was done at the suggestion of an ATT CSR at the time.

8. insidmal macrumors 6502

insidmal

some places will let you side but technically they need to be there to authorize it since it is there account and there contract

9. Seattleite macrumors member

Seattleite

Hmm, my husband is the account holder and is presently deployed to the Middle East. I was able to order an upgrade online throught the AT&T website with no problems.

10. Dstopsie macrumors 6502a

You can be added as an Authorized User on ur att account. They can do it online.

11. jfyrfytr25 macrumors 6502a

jfyrfytr25

Even if you are added as an authorized user beware that you will have an issue at apple. They require the account holder. Now, as an authorized user you could go to the AT&T corporate store and do it. Either way you are going to have to be put on a wait list.