Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iMaconApple

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 30, 2009
Sunny Diego
Ok I'm still new to AT&T about 1 year in late agust and I have a 3GS on the cheap plan 1500 text..

My question is can I buy the iPhone 4G the day it comes out? What's this upgrade thing? If I able to upgrade what that mean I have to be at Least 1+years and depends on my plan..so can just buy the iPhone 4G strait up at apple or AT&T or apple online when it comes out..? So I assume if I buy it strait up I will be paying the full amount of what it would cost and I know they check if your a AT&T customer..

Thanks

Revelation78

macrumors 68000
Dec 18, 2008
North Carolina
Ok I'm still new to AT&T about 1 year in late agust and I have a 3GS on the cheap plan 1500 text..

My question is can I buy the iPhone 4G the day it comes out? What's this upgrade thing? If I able to upgrade what that mean I have to be at Least 1+years and depends on my plan..so can just buy the iPhone 4G strait up at apple or AT&T or apple online when it comes out..? So I assume if I buy it strait up I will be paying the full amount of what it would cost and I know they check if your a AT&T customer..

Thanks

If you're not paying $99+ USD per month before taxes you will be upgrade eligible in roughly 18-24 months. Check your account online to determine the exact date. You can buy the phone "straight up."

As far as pricing, it could be different this year, so all numbers are based on what took place for the 3GS models. The high-end model the 32GB 3GS purchased, without discount, was $599. The 16GB 3GS was $499.

So there you go, your questions should be answered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.