Buying iPhone 4s Outright

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Radioh3ad, Oct 9, 2011.

1. Radioh3ad macrumors newbie

Radioh3ad

Hey folks,
    Ive decided to sell my iphone 4 that i have now already for $300 (small town, not many buyers) and am going to put it towards a phone outright.

What my debate is, and I apologize if there is already a thread, but should I buy it outright from the Apple.ca (pre order) website or straight from my local futureshop. I still have 2 years left on my contract with bell so i would be keeping the same plan so the fact that it would only be able to run on bell if i were to buy it from futureshop isnt too big of a deal..but is it worth it? Should i just do it online and wait?

thanks!

2. DeusInvictus7 macrumors 68020

I would recommend buying from Apple.ca, since the phone will come unlocked. If you buy it through any other retailer, even Apple's retail stores, they won't be. Might as well get the phone with as many benefits as possible if you are paying that price anyway. That way when you come to sell it later on, it'll be worth more since it isn't fully tied to one carrier.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I agree.
    If you get it for full price buy it from Apple in Canada so its factory unlocked.