Carrier Buying iPhone 5S from Verizon Retail Store at Full on launch day possible?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Satnam1989, Sep 16, 2013.

1. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Hey guys I'm wondering, Is it possible to buy a iPhone 5S from a Verizon Retail store for full price on Friday? Anyone who has purchased a iPhone from Verizon at full retail price at one of the Verizon Stores (ex $649+Tax) please advise thanks

2. AbeFrohman macrumors 6502

AbeFrohman

3. boxermansr macrumors 6502

boxermansr

Customer care says yes, however its at the discretion of the store (and based on inventory on hand) as to whether they will allow it or not. I have four stores here, and all of them have told me they don't know, since they have no idea how many phones they're going to get -- so it's pretty much a guess at this point.

4. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

Strange...I put a reserve on 5S at my local Radioshack...to my surprise I was the first one...and since the employee didn't know what capacity and color they would get, I put on reserve without any money or purchase [Employee just took my name and number]:

1st Choice: 64GB Gray or Gold - Verizon or AT&T
    2nd Choice: Gray or Gold 32GB Verizon or AT&T

he just took note of choices and said will let me know first thing friday morning and said I can purchase at full price...one thing I did notice was on Bestbuy.com is that the price was $50 higher ex $899 vs $849 at Apple Store to purchase full....Is Bestbuy going to be banking on people who buy unsubsidized iPhones from them?

5. okwhatev macrumors 6502

I've seen best buy charge $200-$300 more then retail. They are scammers. Beware!!

6. Gathomblipoob macrumors 68040

Gathomblipoob

You're the Sausage King of Chicago - can't you find out this stuff?