Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
If you look on eBay UK for 5s iPhones, many of them are selling at £415 brand new locked to networks or unlocked (all UK iPhones) they are all brand new and sealed with warranty for a year of course..

Why on earth are they so cheap when they start at £549?

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
Stolen phone, broken phones, fake phones, phones sold out of contracts, money laundering. Take your pick.

Just be cautious if you're trying to save money; there is always a risk.

Otherwise just buy it retail.

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
Stolen phone, broken phones, fake phones, phones sold out of contracts, money laundering. Take your pick.

Just be cautious if you're trying to save money; there is always a risk.

Otherwise just buy it retail.

Yeah I think I'm going to buy directly from Apple to be safe and secure. Thanks.

617aircav

Suspended
Jul 2, 2012
Most ebay transactions are honest, and as with everything in life there are a tiny percent of bad ones. If you do due diligence you should be fine. I have had 3 bad experiences on ebay in 10 years and never lost a dime.

carjakester

macrumors 68020
Oct 21, 2013
Midwest
Most ebay transactions are honest, and as with everything in life there are a tiny percent of bad ones. If you do due diligence you should be fine. I have had 3 bad experiences on ebay in 10 years and never lost a dime.

if you do your research on sellers and look at their reputation and aren't stupid, yes you can get some good deals and not get ripped off.

I got my iPad 4 with 4g and 32gb brand new in the box for 200 :) it took 2 months of looking but i found it! best deal I've ever gotten.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.