buying iPhone 6 in NA to sell in Asia

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by megadon, Sep 21, 2014.

1. megadon macrumors 6502

So just talked to a friend (a friends friend actually, my buddies aren't this bad) and realized how messed up the situation actually is.
    These guys pay people $200 to buy two iPhones for them ($100 per phone, plus obviously paying them the full retail price that they paid) and shipping the phones back to China for resale. In total, they got just under 300 iPhones!! and they expect to get resale prices $500 to a $1000 USD above retail.

Obviously this is pretty organized as its not easy to get at least 100 different people to go and purchase phones for you but Apple really needs to find a way to stop this from happening. It's because of people like that, that normal loyal apple customers end up waiting for so long just to get their phones. Is there a system in place other than the 2 phones per credit card policy to stop this?

Anyone else heard of this? I really just wanted to give buddy five across the face as he was telling me these numbers.

2. yanki01 macrumors 68040

yanki01

yet, people will pay them wherever they sell them for the price they're offering.

not much can be done. not sure if apple cares being they sold the product which at the end of the day, that's all that matters.

sucks, IMO.

3. paulink macrumors member

The only way to stop it is to offer the iphone 6 in china simultaneously with everywhere else.