Buying iPhone 6S+ in another country

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by amnichols10, Oct 10, 2015.

1. amnichols10 macrumors regular

Hello All,

Here's my situation. I am Verizon wireless customer who is currently located in France. I looked on the apple website and the two phone models match up (Model A1687 GSM & CDMA) for both Verizon and the French phone carriers.

My question is if I were to buy an unlocked phone from an apple store in France I should be good bringing it back to the states and using it on Verizon right? I think I'm sound on the logic, but if I'm wrong please let men know.

Thanks for reading

2. unixphone macrumors regular

Will work but you might also want to look into warranty coverage.

3. vlinkz macrumors regular

In Europe "unlocked" usually means just that. You can use it with any carrier. I purchased my original iPhone 3GS in Hong Kong and it worked everywhere (with the technical limitations).

There will be no carrier problems, apart from whatever pain in the ass roadblock Verizon wants to throw up in front of you. Technically it will work.

4. amnichols10 thread starter macrumors regular

Cool. So my next question would be is the iPhone 6s+ model is one phone right. They aren't 2 different phones.

5. vlinkz macrumors regular

From what I can see from the French site, there is no carrier option in the purchase processs. I would assume they are the full unlocked SIM free versions we get in the US complete with band 30, but you will need to go look at the technical details for that.

It's extremely likely that it will work.

Your only decision is capacity.