Buying Iphone Advice

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by jbt2008, May 21, 2008.

1. jbt2008 macrumors newbie

Hello! I have been lurking around here for a few months, as I have been thinking about buying an iphone. My current plan with sprint is up and I won't have a phone after tomorrow. I'd really like an iphone but two problems: not a lot of money to spend and can't wait real long for the 3g to come out.

The refurbs look like a great deal, and I think I could justify the price. I don't really care that much about 3g, I am usually around wifi and really don't use my phones for internet that much. I just don't want to regret it when the new one comes out, but I can't wait a month for it to come out. GPS isn't that big of a deal to me either. Any thoughts????

Thanks!

2. ipodtouchy333 macrumors 65816

Hey, I'm kinda in the same position as you. I sold my moto krzr phone with Verizon and sold my ipod touch in preparation for the 3g iphone. Right now I don;t have anything and just saw that they have the refurbs back. I am going to get a 16gb and I think they are $350 (refurb) which is a pretty good deal. I, like you, just don't know how much longer I can wait, it will be AT LEAST until June 9 if they release them that day. But if you don't really need 3g or GPS then I don't see why getting a refurb would be so bad if you can't wait. Good luck with whatever you do !

3. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

I say, pick up a refurb, it sounds like a good choice for you. I just sold my old one because all my buds already have a first gen iPhone and I have to best them with a 3G one :) Petty, I know

4. lindsayanng macrumors 68000

lindsayanng

why couldnt you just sign up with ATT, get the free phone that they give you for signing up, and then upgrade to the new one when it comes out? I know 3G isn't nessesary for you, heck - i purchased my iphone 2+ weeks ago and i got told i was stupid for doing so, but i'm happy..

its just a suggestion because no one wants to be without a phone.

OR, since your contract is up, you can continue on it as a month to month basis for a certain period of time, so you COULD stay with sprint for atleast another month

5. citron230 macrumors 6502a

citron230

I sold my iPhone 16GB on ebay a week and a half ago in anticiaption for the 3G. I would have held on longer given another chance. Anyhow, i bought $20 Nokia 2610 refurb from AT&T.

http://www.wireless.att.com/cell-ph.../?device=Nokia+2610+(Refurb)&q_sku=sku1230021

I paid the $20 so not to extend my contract and save my subsidized phone for a more expensive one. The phone is just a phone, but it is getting me by until the new ones are released.

6. nomar383 macrumors 65816

nomar383

On that same note, I am using a SLVR now and it is just terrible in comparison to how well my iPhone worked

7. jbt2008 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the input. How much does it cost to add an iphone to an existing ATT plan? I think it's only 9.99, but on the iphone plans it's 29.99. I may just get a free phone, sell it and buy an iphone. That's seems like a hassle though :)