BUYING iPHONE AS GIFT FOR GF..HELP!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by mark081990, Oct 15, 2011.

1. mark081990 macrumors member

I wanted to know if I could go into Radio Shack with her iPhone 4 and do a in-store trade in? As opposed to online trade-in. Last year I did an in-store with my 3G and worked great.

Question 2: DO they have it available for unlocked phones or only new contracts?

2. wellok macrumors 6502

I don't understand the second question. You don't have to get a new contract, but the unlocked version isn't available either. If you're not eligible for an upgrade, you can pay full retail and not extend your contract but it won't be unlocked. Unlocked comes out in November.

3. mark081990 thread starter macrumors member

Ok first part please?

And now I can just get a new iPhone 4S for her AT&T but not sign a new contract. I don't want to add years onto her upgrade date.

4. wellok macrumors 6502

I don't know anything about Radio Shack's trade in process but I'm sure you'll find the details in a search.

5. phearx macrumors regular

I work at a radioshack (unfortunately)

1. Yes you can trade it in, but you'll probably get very little for it.

2. Yes you can buy it off contract, but from what I understand if you buy it off contract at apple store, or directly from carrier it's about $50.00 cheaper than resellers like best buy, and radioshack.

6. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

The unlocked version is available; there is a thread on this… and it's linked via a front page article.