Buying iphone at At&t store and using your coporate discount?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by achtungfemme, Aug 13, 2010.

1. achtungfemme macrumors member

Question:

If I buy the new iphone at an At&t store rather than online, will I still be able to select a new plan with my corporate discount?

I am upgrading my phone (currently have the original iphone) and I noticed that, when ordering the phone ONLINE, it prompts me to sign up for a new service plan that includes my corporate discount which I currently for some reason do not have. It does not take off the 15% discount. If I get this from the ATT STORE, will I still be able to sign up for the plan online? Or do they make you sign up for everything in the store?

My concern is: I will not get the discount if I do it in the store, and I am a brat who needs the phone now rather than waiting for it to ship. Is this a concern or am I being brattly paranoid?

:)

2. Block macrumors 6502a

Block

As long as you show proof of employment (paystub works best), they will enroll you in the discount.

3. iggypod macrumors 6502a

iggypod

4. Irish Rose macrumors 65816

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_0_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/532.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0.5 Mobile/8A400 Safari/6531.22.7)

You can sign up at the store, however, the FAN discount takes one to two billing cycles to go through, once the dept. Who handles the discounts processes your information.

5. achtungfemme thread starter macrumors member

The weird thing is that on my account online it already shows that I have a FAN discount, however on my bill, I do not get any sort of discount.

When I bought the original iPhone (which I still use now) I had asked about Corporate Discounts and the At&t rep said that they do NOT offer Corporate discounts for iphone plans.

However, when I order the iphone 4 online, it is now showing that discount in my estimated monthly costs. I am just wondering if I bought the phone in the store, would I still "sign" up for my service online. Can I just take the phone home and do it then, or do they make you activate in the store?