Buying iPhone does apple open it?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by TheShinyMac, Jun 27, 2009.

1. TheShinyMac macrumors 6502a

TheShinyMac

I am going to buy my iphone 3gs very soon.:D If I go to the store and buy it do they need to open it there, or can I just bring it home and activate it? Also what case do you recomend with the Zagg Invisible shield? I am sure there is another post out there but its probably about the iphone 3g not the 3gs

2. tayshon macrumors 6502a

tayshon

Yes if you buy at a Apple or at&t store they will open it in the store, if you order online you do it yourself, as for a case sorry I don't use one.

3. andiwm2003 macrumors 601

andiwm2003

i bought mine in the apple store and they open and activate it right there. i would recommend that because you get a chance to check it for cracks, yellow display, scratches and whatever could be wrong with a brand new gadget.

i ordered a xskn.com silicone case and for the meantime i bought for 7.99 dollar a cheap case from Marshalls (they have often incase hardshells, griffin cases and other stuff for iphones/ipods for cheap). this particular case is recycled from old water bottles.:)

the oil repellent screen doesn't work for me at all. it collects fingerprints as much as my 2G iphone. i'm going to get a screen protector soon.

4. noodle654 macrumors 68020

noodle654

I have used the Incase but the 3 I have had have broken in the exact same spot. I got the Belkin Grip Two-Toned. It was $25 in the Apple Store, here it is http://catalog.belkin.com/IWCatProductPage.process?Product_Id=492858. It's a really thin case, love it.